i think ive killed my sling

heavydumbs

Arachnosquire
:mad: ive got a baby white knee and i dropped its home with it in it and now its curled up and barely moving even when i encourage it. I think shes on her last legs, gutted!

xStainD

Arachnopeon
Ouch that sucks, slings are delicate try to be more careful if you get another

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Put it in ICU and hope for the best!!! Hopefully it pulls through!!

heavydumbs

Arachnosquire
how do i create an icu?
its literally only a cent big is there any point?

marcfrick2112

Arachnopeon
So sorry to hear, I really hope your sling pulls through also...

I had a scary close call recently... My PZB slings are on top of my DVD player.. It was acting up one night, so I was checking it out.. the player slipped off the TV, sending the sling and its' tank falling 4 feet to a hardwood floor. Miraculously, the sling survived... as I was panicking, looking thru the sub. looking for the sling... he/she had already climbed to the top, and was freaking out....

It's sad, but sometimes it takes a horrid accident like this, to remind of us just how fragile T slings can be.....

For now, I agree, get the sling in an ICU, and make sure you don't stress it at all. Good luck, I do know what you are feeling right now...

Marc

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is also the reason why Stan Schultz recommends taking the handles off of KKs and similar enclosures. If the handle fails...
Sorry to hear about your T. Please keep us posted on its status.

vickywild

Arachnoknight
I'm sorry to hear that. It's one of my biggest worries also, which is mainly why I keep my sling on a surface it simply cannot fall off of by accident. Paranoid :/

Redfield

Arachnopeon
Good luck with your baby! :(

It's an unfortunate possibility with the little ones. I keep my slinsg low on my T cabinet and when I take them out to feed I'm sitting while I do it.

Like everyone said, keep us posted.

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
S'lings are actually hardier than adults due to being lighter and less likely to *splat* when falling. An ICU is really only helpful for dehydration and the like. Is your T bleeding? It will be bluish clear. ICU may be ok if it's bleeding, but otherwise moving it will cause unneeded further stress. No nudging or prodding is necessary nor helpful; it will move if it can/wants to. If you feel you must ICU, it's a simple set-up: A small container (preferably clear to keep you from constantly opening the lid 'to check' as we all want to do) and a wet paper towel on the bottom with T on top of the towel. Place in a warm, quiet, SECURE place and let be. That's all there is to it. Good luck with your little T and regardless of outcome , it's a lesson learned that many of us learn the hard way, so go easy on yourself either way.