I think I am falling for a snake........

Brian F.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Evidently the price of these has come down dramatically in the past few years. I saw these at the Chicago NARBC show a couple years ago going for anywhere from 8 to 15 grand, depending on the amount of white.

If that's what you like, then I say go for it.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is a good price, Ryan. The best price I've seen recently was 3, so 2 is a deal.

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
2k for a snake? Are you kidding? You know you could just get a normal for $20 I never got the fascination with morphs, underneath all the mutations they are just the same thing you could get for a fraction of the price.
Just my opinion,
TBH

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love snakes as well.
To me they're all snakes. Sure some morphs look cool, but in the end it's just a snake.

I do have an albino burm though.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They had some albino balls there as well for $500.
I just like that snake for some reason. I had no clue what the price was. I shopped based on looks and what appealed to me. And when I found out the priced I will admit I choked a little..........ok A LOT. But she was so sweet..(sigh) what to do..........

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Those are the Holy Grail of snakes for me!! Ill probably never own one because of the price.. but I want!GimmeGimmeGimme

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Our pieds were bought a few years ago and we paid about 4500 for them. Now 2k is not a bad price. They may go down a bit this year, but that doesn't sound too off the wall. As for the pink, when they are young they have more of the pinkish hue. Also as mentioned above just before a shed they once again take on a pink color, but once they are larger, it is typically white.

KiruSama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not a fan of Ball pythons in general, but Piebalds are exceptions. :D I love the Piebalds, if I had the money I'd get one....But I don't have the money so I can only dream! lol. I'd say get her if you're willing to spend that kind of money on a snake.

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe you should wait a few more years so they can go down?
Get yourself a more affordable morph for the moment?

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just to re-state what was mentioned early on in this thread, bear in mind that BPs will often go off feed for a while. My girl just finally started to eat regularly after seven months of flat nothin. Just don't get frustrated by it. This is the second time that she's done it to me, and the first time it drove me nuts, I tried EVERYTHING to get her to eat. This second go-round it was more of an "oh, ok fine, I won't buy you rats then".

As far as the pie goes, I'm already jealous of your pokie collection, so you may as well continue to turn me green with envy.

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Go for it, Ryan :)

Same as you, I fell in love with a BP a few weeks ago and bought her ASAP.

There's no time like the present :)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So another question......... I read up a little about this gene, but it says it has only been around since about 1999. Why did it take so long for it to show itself? Or are most of these colors created by breeders? I am slowly starting to gather that the Bp world is a bit jacked up. Or am I perceiving things incorrectly?

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, I personally (and please don't flame me for this people) think the world of BP morphs is a little crazy. There are a lot of morphs that I just don't see any difference from normals with. I admit, it could just be my own ignorance, but generally, other than pieds and albinos, they all look pretty much the same to me.
I have 2 BP's, they look very different from each other and they are both normal. There is an incredible amount of difference between even the normals, so much that it makes the whole morph thing more difficult.
Recently on BP.net one of the mods set up a thread with pictures of about 10 BP's, only one of them was a morph and she was asking people to pick it out. Not many could, which goes to prove my point.
I'm not against morphs, I'm just saying that I'm either to dumb or not observant enough to pick them out from normals generally.
Basically, it comes down to this. Ryan, BP's are the rosehairs of the snake world. They are extremely gentle, always shy, always will ball up or jerk away when you make a sudden movement, not matter how long you own them or how often you handle them. They eat when and what they choose. They act like spoiled children about food.
Our big male just went on a 5 month fast and came out of it when Matthias, just for the heck of it, offered him a small mouse (he has been eating rats for the last year and a half) and he gulped it down. So now I have a 4 1/2 foot BP with the girth of a can of soda, eating small mice!!!!!! He eats anywhere from 3 to 5 at a time, and will until he decides to get picky again.
If you can afford her, and her housing, and have room for her, do it. You will enjoy her.
I think you would make a wonderful snakey "Daddy" for that little girl.

Last edited:

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I personally (and please don't flame me for this people) think the world of BP morphs is a little crazy. There are a lot of morphs that I just don't see any difference from normals with. I admit, it could just be my own ignorance, but generally, other than pieds and albinos, they all look pretty much the same to me.
I have 2 BP's, they look very different from each other and they are both normal. There is an incredible amount of difference between even the normals, so much that it makes the whole morph thing more difficult.
Recently on BP.net one of the mods set up a thread with pictures of about 10 BP's, only one of them was a morph and she was asking people to pick it out. Not many could, which goes to prove my point.
I'm not against morphs, I'm just saying that I'm either to dumb or not observant enough to pick them out from normals generally.
Basically, it comes down to this. Ryan, BP's are the rosehairs of the snake world. They are extremely gentle, always shy, always will ball up or jerk away when you make a sudden movement, not matter how long you own them or how often you handle them. They eat when and what they choose. They act like spoiled children about food.
Our big male just went on a 5 month fast and came out of it when Matthias, just for the heck of it, offered him a small mouse (he has been eating rats for the last year and a half) and he gulped it down. So now I have a 4 1/2 foot BP with the girth of a can of soda, eating small mice!!!!!! He eats anywhere from 3 to 5 at a time, and will until he decides to get picky again.
If you can afford her, and her housing, and have room for her, do it. You will enjoy her.
I think you would make a wonderful snakey "Daddy" for that little girl.
I agree.
Many BP morphs look very similar to a regular BP.
Cinnimon, gold, pastel, woma, jungle, etc. Look pretty much the same.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just an off topic question, but do you ever have to worry about a BP constricting on you? they seem like they would be a very strong animal at the sizes they get