I need help how long does it take for a caribena versicolor ling to molt?

Francisco Espinosa

Arachnopeon
how long does it taka for a caribena versicolor ling to molt? mine has taken 6 hours and still hasnt separeted from molt

cold blood

Staff member
Its about 1.5 cm have any idea how long it takes its been 7 hours
At that size it shouldn't take that long...it may be stuck...if that's the case, you may need to intervene...the longer it takes/you wait, the more difficult it will become as the old exo hardens.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
7 hours and it still hasn't popped is abnormally long for a 1.5 cm sling. Pics are needed. If it really is molting, there's not much you can do except increase moisture (not proven that this helps, but it can't hurt) and keep it dark.

Francisco Espinosa

Arachnopeon
7 hours and it still hasn't popped is abnormally long for a 1.5 cm sling. Pics are needed. If it really is molting, there's not much you can do except increase moisture (not proven that this helps, but it can't hurt) and keep it dark.
i turned the light on just for the pic and I increaced the moisture before her molt

Francisco Espinosa

Arachnopeon
At that size it shouldn't take that long...it may be stuck...if that's the case, you may need to intervene...the longer it takes/you wait, the more difficult it will become as the old exo hardens.
how should i help her? it looks like her amdomen is out but the carapace is kind of stuck

boina

Lady of the mites
Please, post a pic!

If your sling is really molting and really stuck, the time to help it out of the molt is NOW. @Thekla already posted the link, so read it and see what you can do.

Still: post a pic!!

Francisco Espinosa

Arachnopeon
Please, post a pic!

If your sling is really molting and really stuck, the time to help it out of the molt is NOW. @Thekla already posted the link, so read it and see what you can do.

ive read the hole thing and she is defenitly stuck and before she molted she was showing DKS symtoms and she moves quite well but like half the molt is dry here is a pic

Attachments

Francisco Espinosa

Arachnopeon
ive read the hole thing and she is defenitly stuck and before she molted she was showing DKS symtoms and she moves quite well but like half the molt is dry here is a pic
Please, post a pic!

some how i got her out of her molt this really helped thanks but i dont know if she will make it she seems really weak

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
some how i got her out of her molt this really helped thanks but i dont know if she will make it she seems really weak
In general, tarantulas are a bit lethargic after a molt, even when things go smoothly. It takes a lot of energy to molt, and they need time afterwards to recover. All you can really do is make sure it has access to water and leave it alone. You've done all you can at this point. Hopefully all goes well.

Francisco Espinosa

Arachnopeon
In general, tarantulas are a bit lethargic after a molt, even when things go smoothly. It takes a lot of energy to molt, and they need time afterwards to recover. All you can really do is make sure it has access to water and leave it alone. You've done all you can at this point. Hopefully all goes well.
I hope i hleped her i would take a picture but i don't want to bother her i will do an update of anyone is interested

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I hope i hleped her i would take a picture but i don't want to bother her i will do an update of anyone is interested
Definitely keep us updated! :)We like hearing happy endings, or we can offer condolences if things aren't so happy.

Also, if it makes it, be sure to let the substrate in that vial dry up a bit, because even as slings, C. versicolor do better off predominantly dry. I know you upped the moisture levels because of the stuck molt, but I wanted to mention this regardless, because care sheets often say they need high humidity. In reality, that care information is very outdated and focusing on specific humidity levels can actually result in it's death!

Francisco Espinosa

Arachnopeon
Please keep us posted.
Sadly she or he passed away I did all I could like it said in the post I took a brush and socket it in water and lightly brushed the mold with the side of the brush until i removed all of it I don't know what else I could have done and just to add to this I think she had DKS she had pretty weird movement unlike her sibling ,if you are wondering the other spider enclosure is not as humid as the one I posted i did that because someone told me to up the humidity, if someone knows how to avoid this or make it easy or anything I might have done wrong pls tell me and that you for all the people who helped

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Sometimes it just happens....all you can do is try.

In all honesty, most of the time you aren't going to be successful with this type of thing...although it can be seen as a learning experience...I lost the first one, maybe two that I tried to help out of stuck molts....but these experiences have allowed me to save many ts after that....with experience comes confidence and greater success.

Sorry for the loss.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
In all honesty, most of the time you aren't going to be successful with this type of thing...although it can be seen as a learning experience...I lost the first one, maybe two that I tried to help out of stuck molts....but these experiences have allowed me to save many ts after that....with experience comes confidence and greater success.
Even if you do lose the spider, it's comforting to know that you tried to save it instead of just leaving it to die.