oOOo
Staff member
Fixed :D They are Avicularia sp.

[YOUTUBE]V_BSPgnvmHM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If would have made the scene for me if one of those Avics had caught a cricket and started to feed on top of her forehead.

Grin

Arachnoknight
she even had them up her nose?! i think what had her freaked out more were crickets, at least they gave the T's something to snack on rather then her.
Although she did state one of them was "nibbling" on her ear. I wish all they did was nibble -_-

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Poor little spiders :(
That's just the way people are though.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
I think that at 4:40 they dropped a Grammostola pulchra...
Just watched it, I think you're right, that's what it looked like to me as well.

It's the crickets that made me squirm, vile things that they are.....I could handle tarantulas all over me, but crickets....no.

Amoeba

Arachnolord
It's the crickets that made me squirm, vile things that they are.....I could handle tarantulas all over me, but crickets....no.
Millipedes would be better with all those little legs tickling you

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ditto that! As arachnophobic as I have been historically, the smell of the crickets and cricket poop all over me would have had me puking.

Transient

Arachnosquire
I would be more upset if it was hornworms and caterpillars instead of tarantulas and crickets.

Shell

Staff member
No, it's just another avic.
I don't know, it really doesn't look Avic to me. It's goes by pretty fast, but it didn't strike me as an Avic, I still think pulchra.

Last edited:

0siris

Arachnosquire
I don't think that was an A.avic either...you could see the legs pretty clearly when the spider is upside down when it first lands and I can't see a hint of pink on those feet.

What has me thinking is would they really risk her being bitten multiple times and potentially having an anaphylactic reaction to the venom? (assuming she is severely allergic). I can't help but think that they defanged those poor Avics :(

I hope I am wrong

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm sure you're wrong.

Here are a few stills I got:

Here you can see a front leg up in the air, as avics tend to do often:

Long, slender, arboreal-looking legs.

Looks like a MM from this view:

Last edited:

Shell

Staff member
I still don't see it, Joe. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I do agree that it looks like a MM in the one still, but that could very well be why it has long skinny legs....

It still just doesn't look Avic like to me at all.

Amy Beth

Arachnopeon
Seems like the Tarantulas were just running away and the yucky crickets were crawling in her mouth...I am with everyone else that said that the crickets would freak me out more than the Tarantulas. Stinky bugs. Yuck

CoSpiderGuy

Arachnopeon
I think they should be brought up on animal cruelty charges! Thats BS, dumping them like that.

0siris

Arachnosquire
I can't see it either. When I think of arboreal legs (avic in this case) I think of a slender femur-tibia and gradually widened metatarsus-tarsus (to accomodate the large pads on the ends of their feet for climbing.) I'm just not seeing this here.

I could never say I'm sure I'm right based on the poor quality of the evidence, but I certainly can't agree with your rationale.

I do agree it's a male, but it is still; at best, only a guess