I just got assasin beetles!

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
These things creep me out, and it seriously takes something pretty bad to do that, lol. I would welcome a dobsonfly to the face over holding one of these guys. Seriously though, they are really interesting bugs, but I had a few bad experiences with them as a kid, so I avoid them quite often. I have one pinned to my bug board in my studio, and it was dead when I found it, lol. Your species is a tad nicer looking than the ones around here though, ours are all gray and black, kinda boring looking.

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
These things creep me out, and it seriously takes something pretty bad to do that, lol. I would welcome a dobsonfly to the face over holding one of these guys. Seriously though, they are really interesting bugs, but I had a few bad experiences with them as a kid, so I avoid them quite often. I have one pinned to my bug board in my studio, and it was dead when I found it, lol. Your species is a tad nicer looking than the ones around here though, ours are all gray and black, kinda boring looking.
are they wheel bugs? I think wheel bugs are really cool. i think all assasins are awesome! I got my face ripped to shreds as a kid by a dog on not one but TWO occasions! But I still cuddle dogs :D I allways wanted those cute little ones that cover themselves in fluff. I really need more predatory species in my collection!

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep, spine backed little critters.
They are SO cute! :D I wish I had one but apparently their bite is REALLY nasty! Are they big? It must be so awesome to live in a country where you have to watch what you pick up!

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are SO cute! :D I wish I had one but apparently their bite is REALLY nasty! Are they big? It must be so awesome to live in a country where you have to watch what you pick up!
They are around and inch (2.5cm) long or so, some are a tad larger. In the north eastern US there is very little you have to worry about unless it's a bee, or one of them. If it wasn't like that I would have probably died as a kid, lol....I picked up everything I could find!

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL yeah I'm amazed I'm alive! :D I loved the bugs in Russia, that was something :D