I have such bad luck when it come to averages

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Since i have been in the hobby i have aquired about 30 obts. Some of which were freebies others i purchased about three years ago when i started collecting. I ve kept about 15 or so to raise my averages of having a few females. I was hoping id get at least half that would be or possible 8. Well that theory didnt work at all. Out of all the ones that i kept, only one was a female and i bought her as a sub adult female. All the others molted male. How does this happien when you aquire Ts from different sources? Now the question is.. to breed or not to breed?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yeah thats some strange odds. MY advice , breed & sell them
OBTS are very easy to breed & do to cheap price of babys you very well might make a profit ( if not heck there cool Ts! Mean lil guys though)

50/50 male female ratio is not always true & you might have just gotten a huge Percentage of males :sarcasm: ( with the other buyers lucking up & getting the Females)

I got like 11 OBTS .. dono sexes yet they all still 1-2" babys

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Id say that is some bad luck, haha. I heard that sacs produce about 50/50 boys and girls.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Breed em and sell em for $1 each. Every time I see people trying to sell 2nd instar obt slings for $10 I laugh until I have a seizure.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
yeah $1-6 dollars each is a reasonable price
I got 2 for $25 dollars once so.. $2 each
$1-3 bucks each for babys is a superb deal for the buyers

$10 each would be rediculous,, LOLZ!

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When i first started collecting i said i will never own a obt due to their aggression. That was three years ago. Now i have two. Some one years ago said 20 dollars for a 1 inch sling. i was like noooo. i am glad i looked around. eventually i found this site. I have no idea how i ended up having all males. If i produce a sac hopefully i will get a 50/50 ratio of males and females which i would end up selling for two dollars each. Theen i will just spend it all here like i always do....

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah thats some strange odds. MY advice , breed & sell them
OBTS are very easy to breed & do to cheap price of babys you very well might make a profit ( if not heck there cool Ts! Mean lil guys though)

50/50 male female ratio is not always true & you might have just gotten a huge Percentage of males :sarcasm: ( with the other buyers lucking up & getting the Females)

I got like 11 OBTS .. dono sexes yet they all still 1-2" babys
Nobody is making a profit on breeding OBTs unless they're selling them for a ridiculous price. In this case, the price of OBTs is less than it costs to raise, feed, and house them.

To the OP, how old were the OBTs when you bought them? Those are some crappy odds.

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They were all 1inch and smaller. i had them from everywhere. Even from xhedex. all males! I was really hoping id have a few females.. also, i dont breed my Ts for profit. Unfortunately for my girl i keep all my babies. Right now im sitting on 2000 lp slings. 40 eauthlus slings an250+ rosea slings. i wanted a few of each of the species that i keep even my obt. However, with them all molting male and parishing i only have one left now. well plus the mature male thats left.