I have so preety offspring :D

BooYaKa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi. Remember my babycurus sp. ? She gave me a birth and last night scorps molted first time. Look at them and just say, aren't they beautiful?

Female is 11 cm long, juveniles have 1,5 cm :)

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Andrew,

Congrats on the new "kids"! Very beautiful with some incredibly intense coloration. Wish they'd keep that intensity as adults. Good luck!

Luc

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congratulations! I think you'll really enjoy the attractivness and ease of raising these little guys:D

BooYaKa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks, friends :) but I still don't know what kind of species is this :)

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
man that is a nice clutch of B. Jacksoni :clap: :clap: :clap:

BooYaKa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have adult b.jacksoni. I have her from first instar. Now she is 7 instar and she has 6,5 cm! This female has 11 cm!!! It can not be jacksoni...

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi
if you check back to past pics by Booyaka you can see the pics of the adult without babies.. its a very very nice scorp, and quite different to B.jacksoni!

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry BooYaKa,

I only saw the small photo posted above. In the past, I purchased 2 Babycurus spp. that turned out to be the dark (chocolate) morph of B. jacksoni. You'll probably need to acquire the genereic key:

Kovarik, F. 2000. Revision of Babycurus with descriptions of three new species (Scorpiones: Buthidae). Acta Soc. Zool. Bohem., 64: 235-265.

Do you know the country of origin?

Luc

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
BooYaKa,

At 11 cm (110 mm), there's only one Babycurus species that attains such a large size - B. gigas from Eastern Africa (Tanzania). This is the largest member of the genus! The only other Babycurus species which comes close to B. gigas in size is B. jacksoni (90 mm). Also, if you can, examine and count the rows of granules of the moveable fingers of the chelae. If they equal 10 and your specimen is truly 110 mm then, it is B. gigas. If it is - you're one lucky $#@&%$!...

Luc

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
BooYaKa,

I just dug out the Kovarik revision (whew - man, I need to get a system of organization going on for locating papers scattered all over my house! LOL) and in the revision, he states that the young of B. gigas have much of the patellae of the pedipalps brown to black (as in the young in the photo above) and that the young have 3 dark, longitudinal bands on the dorsal surface of the mesosoma (as the young in the photo above). If your fem has 10 rows of granules on the moveable fingers of the chelae, at 110 mm then, it looks like you have yourself a fem Babycurus gigas Kraepelin, 1896!

Luc

BooYaKa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes...yes...yes...my female has 10 rows of granules on the moveable fingers of the chelae. And 11 cm long. It is...it is...Babycurus gigas...

SDY

Arachnopeon
Hell yeah:D
I've got 3 of those small, preety ones :) B.gigas... I supose it's not quite popular scorp in homes ;) Luck is luck, what can i say? :)