I have no idea what happened :(

Flurff

Arachnopeon
So I haven't posted on here in a while, so I guess this is an update/bad news dump? Freya, my P. Audax, died a few days ago. I suspect a bad molt because when I looked at her closer, I noticed her carapace was cloudy, as if she was ready to molt but couldn't.
Anyways, that morning my sister found a huge wolf spider in the front room. I caught her and gave her an enclosure, complete with "sifted dirt" I collected from an "untainted" part of my yard. I named her Mozag, and she seemed happy. I noticed her abdomen was huge--and I mean HUGE. Of course, I was like "Either she's eaten really well or she's pregnant."
So I did research on caring for pregnant spiders, and I came to the conclusion that she was indeed pregnant. She was doing well until this morning, when I found her dead with a strange, slug-looking goo coming out of her abdomen. I didn't get pictures because I was so shocked and buried her before I even thought of it.
Does anyone know what happened to her??

jlr2016

Arachnopeon
Probably as you suggested a bad molt. Maybe one of the feeders you fed her had parasites?

Flurff

Arachnopeon
Nematodes. Is a danger to WC specimens.
I looked up nematodes and they look more like long worms, which I didn't see at all around her body. It was just kind of like her abdomen exploded or something...

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I looked up nematodes and they look more like long worms, which I didn't see at all around her body. It was just kind of like her abdomen exploded or something...
They'd have been around her mouth parts. But like you said, that would have caused goo on her fang area not her abdomen.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Hm, there are viruses that turn certain caterpillar species to goo. I wonder if there's something similar for spoods.