I have had sling for 3 months and no molt

Allabapx

Arachnopeon
I am curious how long it takes for a sling to typically molt for the first time. I have a Mexican Orange Beauty and it has not yet molted. It made a burrow and has sealed off all entrances so I have no fed it because I dont want to destory the burrow or make it collapse in any way. Should I leave my sling as is and see what happens? I last fed it maybe 2.5 weeks ago.

AntlerAlchemist

Arachnosquire
How large is the sling? In colder months I imagine it isn't uncommon for a sling to molt more slowly.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Whats a mexican orange beauty?

Slings usually eat right up till they molt, if yours has burrowed and is refusing food no sense digging it up. You can always leave a pre killed prey item by the burrows entrance. If it doesn't dissapear you know the T isnt hungry.

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
Don’t open the burrow. I had a small curly hair(.75”)close itself in for a few weeks. I could see it’s molt from the bottom of the container but it still stayed in for around 10-15 days after it molted.
Just make sure the temperature doesn’t get in the low 60’s range as it can slow T’s down and I’ve read it will kill slings if it’s that temp for too long. My room is 71-74 daytime and 68-70 at night.

Also it will come looking for food when it’s hungry.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
It really depends on how much you feed them, the species, and at times temperature. My P. scrofa sling has been in premolt forever, so it is not surprising that some slings take a while to get to that point. Watching slings molt is probably one of the most amazing things to witness because you are able to see the change firsthand.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Brachypelma is in general a slow-growing genus. There are exceptions, but as far as I know baumgarteni is one of the slow-growing ones. My B. albiceps has molted like four or five times in three years, from half an inch to just over two inches.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
My B. albiceps has molted like four or five times in three years, from half an inch to just over two inches.
For real, mine's about 1" and it's taking around 2 months between moults, I feed it once a week otherwise it would spend 6 weeks fasting before it decides to moult.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Should I leave my sling as is and see what happens? I last fed it maybe 2.5 weeks ago.
2 and a half weeks isn't that long to be fair.

Just leave it be, make sure it has access to water (if you have a water dish in with the sling then keep it topped up otherwise just dampen a small area of substrate away from the burrow) as it might come out to drink while you're not looking/awake and then seal itself back in.