i have found this spider in a box of bananas

pl0by

Arachnopeon
hi,last night at work we found this spider run out of a box of bananas and i thought someone on here could tell me what it was,it realy does not look like a normal house spider.

Attachments

pl0by

Arachnopeon
ive had a quick search on the web and seen that spider you are talking about and i still wasnt sure too,just hope somebody can tell me what it is of the picture,thanks for the help.

Balkastalkman

Arachnosquire
its not a wandering spider but I dont know what it is so just be careful... Its prollly not dangerous but just to be on the safeside treat it like a wandering spider since I have no idea if its dangerous or not.

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Honestly it looks like your common Tegenaria spider, although a bit dark, is it wet? (or just poor lighting haha, some of em look pretty dark) I can't be absolutely positive, but look at this picture and tell me if it looks like it. http://www.uknature.co.uk/T.gigantea.jpg

Tegenaria gigantea is native to Europe, also known as the Giant House Spider.

It's harmless. :D We have them here on the West Coast of the United States too, they get pretty big and are wicked fast. They are funnel web spiders and tend to be nocturnal, waiting for food to plop onto it's web so it can dash out and kill it.

I've got several as pets, they are neat spiders. Here's some videos of the one's i've had.

[YOUTUBE]xxNpitlKc_s[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]G246RM629rw[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]dWnj6hPMmSI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

pl0by

Arachnopeon
yes it was a bit wet,it does look like the one you shown me,thanks for all your help,cheers.

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
TheTyro: Your sister is one brave girl:D I won't hold anything until someone holds it first so I can gauge it's responses:eek: