I hate being broke!

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
All right, lets hear it. Where are they? Who has/had these? Where do these come from, natural occurance? "Subspecies"? I can pm you my address, Ill take both lol.
i just sold my house! Ill give him more $! lol jk Those are amazing! I think that is the whitest tarantula i have ever seen!

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
All right, lets hear it. Where are they? Who has/had these? Where do these come from, natural occurance? "Subspecies"? I can pm you my address, Ill take both lol.
Stefan Phalagorn Bergström PM'd me those after I sent a PM to him asking him for the pictures of a few of his attachments that had been deleted. His posts and threads are some of the most informative on the board (look at this and this, for example), and they offered me a fun couple hours of reading material. I assume that these are just regional color variants of the species mentioned. I'd surely love to own either, but it appears that they only exist in Stefan's collection and hopefully are still extant in their natural ranges. This one, that made it to the States (GASP!), appears to be an intergrade, IMHO.
i just sold my house! Ill give him more $! lol jk Those are amazing! I think that is the whitest tarantula i have ever seen!
They are absolutely breathtaking. But alas, the closest thing us mere mortals have the potential to own are P. tigrinawesseli, like the one Chris posted, which is also a jaw-dropping beauty. JK, I really, really hope these variants make it to the hobby.

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Stefan Phalagorn Bergström PM'd me those after I sent a PM to him asking him for the pictures of a few of his attachments that had been deleted. His posts and threads are some of the most informative on the board (look at this and this, for example), and they offered me a fun couple hours of reading material. I assume that these are just regional color variants of the species mentioned. I'd surely love to own either, but it appears that they only exist in Stefan's collection and hopefully are still extant in their natural ranges. This one, that made it to the States (GASP!), appears to be an intergrade, IMHO.

They are absolutely breathtaking. But alas, the closest thing us mere mortals have the potential to own are P. tigrinawesseli, like the one Chris posted, which is also a jaw-dropping beauty. JK, I really, really hope these variants make it to the hobby.
Don't underestimate the power of desire. The black Striata will be mine...one day. Lol.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If I remember correctly the black striata pictured came out of a normal striata's eggsack.The same situation I believe with holothele incei (Gold)..
Now I wish this would happen with P.murinas!Anyone ever seen the dark form of this species?Absolutely stunning!
Look:
http://www.exotic-animals.org/pajki.../pterinochilus_carnivorus/pt_carnivorus01.jpg

Been on my wish list for a longgg time!As far as I know they aren't found in the hobby but honestly if someone got a few females and a male taken from the wild in a couple years time they would be common place!
Someone get on that please ;)
-Chris

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If I remember correctly the black striata pictured came out of a normal striata's eggsack.The same situation I believe with holothele incei (Gold)..
Now I wish this would happen with P.murinas!Anyone ever seen the dark form of this species?Absolutely stunning!
Look:
http://www.exotic-animals.org/pajki.../pterinochilus_carnivorus/pt_carnivorus01.jpg

Been on my wish list for a longgg time!As far as I know they aren't found in the hobby but honestly if someone got a few females and a male taken from the wild in a couple years time they would be common place!
-Chris
That P. murinus is pretty awesome! I also recall that the P. striata "dark form" came from a normal P. striata sac. But that was quite awhile ago, and it brings to question how many generations were between wild-caught spiders and that little oddity. I'd imagine that Pokies in the States are at least five generations away from their WC relatives, so the likelihood that someone finds such a spider in an eggsac is probably rather small. P. murinus are being imported all the time, though, so if it's possible to pair two of the typical hobby color forms and produce the darker one in your picture, I hope it happens soon! :)

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'd imagine that Pokies in the States are at least five generations away from their WC relatives, so the likelihood that someone finds such a spider in an eggsac is probably rather small. )
Most Poecilotheria in the hobby are way past 5 generations.The exception to that rule would prob be Poecilotheria hanumavilasumica,tigrinawesseli and possibly some of the newer stock of P.smithi that have been floating around.Some WC Poecs do still get smuggled from India and Sri lanka from what I understand tho.
-Chris

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why not get a regalis or striata?There both better looking than smithi ;]

This spider does not exist in the hobby as far as I know.Have you ever even seen a photo of a real uniformis?
-Chris
so, did you even see one that not in the picture adult size?
they are very very pretty, ya know ;)
dont know about uniforms, I know I saw one somwhere with that name attached all soaked in alcohol, but I think those are myth :D

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Look:

-Chris
I don't think that is the case with the H. Incei Gold, I have 5 and they seem to be available, unless that happened and that particular one continued to produce offspring that were gold. Off topic... BUT to get back on track, I would also like E. Olivicea adult females. Again, they don't exist :/

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think that is the case with the H. Incei Gold, I have 5 and they seem to be available, unless that happened and that particular one continued to produce offspring that were gold. Off topic... BUT to get back on track, I would also like E. Olivicea adult females. Again, they don't exist :/
Check this out.

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would also like E. Olivicea adult females
i havnt seen a big female for sale since one of the earlier imports of em, kicking myself still for passing on one at the time :wall:. hands down one of the best looking Ts IMO

Last edited:

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i wish i wasn't broke either. There are a few i want, but even if i wasnt broke it still would be hard to aquire them.

Cyriopagopus sp. "Sulawesi Black"
Lampropelma nigerrimum
Lampropelma sp. "Borneo Black"
Phormingochilus everetti (this one i want the most)

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i wish i wasn't broke either. There are a few i want, but even if i wasnt broke it still would be hard to aquire them.

Cyriopagopus sp. "Sulawesi Black"
Phormingochilus everetti (this one i want the most)
You might see these 2 species available sooner than your think ;]
-Chris

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had to look up the Phormingochilus everetti, very pretty!!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You might see these 2 species available sooner than your think ;]
-Chris
Don't be starting trouble chris! I can't check the FS section any more than every 10 minutes, I need something of a life :rolleyes:

VESPidA

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
^^ i never would have guessed that was P. murinus from the pic... crazy! still love 'em in all their orangey goodness though:)

out of reach right now is Ceratogyrus sp...

**love your sig by the way! bugs, not drugs;)

Last edited:

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
1. P. metallica - any
2. T. blondi confirmed female (not sp. "burgundy")
3. L. violacetops confirmed female (I don't know if I spelled it right, but close)

Grrr someday :rolleyes:

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
for me, the holy grail is a nice big G. pulchra... mind you without the $200 or whatever price tag. 2" here is around $80, not $40 :mad: also, a P. regalis female. theres one (i am guessing size) around 3-4" at the LPS confirmed female for $100. i could prob get the guy to knock it down to $90, mayyyyybe. but still... $100 right now for me and my addiction is a lot of money.

there are things harder to find, i know. but the demand for these apparently keeps tags high. and the other LPS prices... even worse. one day i will resort to buying online, probably pretty soon in fact.

Ghostmooner

Arachnopeon
Man i got the Poecilotheria fever! I really want a smithi but dont have the funds! What tarantulas would you "kill" for? But are just out of reach!
for the past few days, i've been aching for a T. Blondi. I love Ts with short hair and fuz, they look so awsome to me. but I don't have a cage for one or the money for it right now, and I also don't want to buy an already full grown girl. I want to find a T. Blondi that's around 5-6" in size, and deffiantly CB.