..I dont think she gets it..

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I dont think my "special" kitty has figured out how to get to her food...either that or shes just too lazy to walk around. Due to the fact that she eyeballs my rats, I have to keep her in a crate when I'm not home. Its large enough for her to jump up and down and to walk about a bit. Once I find my rats a new home, she'll have the run of my room.

The Crate:

Pic of Mia.

Her sexy collar.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lol, yeah Im trying to juggle new additions as well, 2 hamsters and a mouse, along with 4 cats and 3 dogs. One dog is a cairn terrier puppy we just got.

Thats a lucky kitty for sure.:)

JohnEDove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL, we have 6 cats and I also raise rodents in custom built cages. The cats find the rodents great entertainment and the rodents, Rats Gerbils and Mice, seem to care less about the cats climbing all over their cages.
I can't imagine trying to crate our cats.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
She honestly doesnt seem to mind it. Infact I've noticed that she doesnt eat unless you lock her in her crate. I left her out all day and put food out around 9am. Usually by the time I get home (when she locked in) her food would be gone and thats about 4pm. She knows where her food is, she just sniffs it and walks away. When shes locked in she eats all her food and lays down for a nap until shes let out. Shes never thrown a fit or ever meows to get out.
Since shes so underweight I think locking her in at dinner and breakfast arnt such a bad idea anyway.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She honestly doesnt seem to mind it. Infact I've noticed that she doesnt eat unless you lock her in her crate. I left her out all day and put food out around 9am. Usually by the time I get home (when she locked in) her food would be gone and thats about 4pm. She knows where her food is, she just sniffs it and walks away. When shes locked in she eats all her food and lays down for a nap until shes let out. Shes never thrown a fit or ever meows to get out.
Since shes so underweight I think locking her in at dinner and breakfast arnt such a bad idea anyway.
My cat tig tig loves his crate. Its actually a great dane crate so I guess its like a luxury condo complete with cat toys, he stays in it at night.

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a female Siamese also. Tiny as can be - except her mouth! Loud little turd.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe she doesnt go around the corner to get the food, for frear of you locking her in there.

Try keeping the food on the outside of the crate while you are at home.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Seeing as how she sleeps in there even when shes let out, I highly doubt thats way.

Maybe she doesnt go around the corner to get the food, for frear of you locking her in there.

Try keeping the food on the outside of the crate while you are at home.