I Did It I Bought my First T.

Bradley Dreaver

Arachnopeon
I Bought my first sling and it will be arriving next week on Wednesday it is a Selenotypus Sp6 Wallace. I bought it from a website someone on here showed me

ThatsUnpossible

Arachnosquire
Exciting! Make sure you have everything ready.

I just got my first ones yesterday and I wasn’t properly prepared (I thought I was, but hadn’t got the right size enclosures and my substrate was still a bit too moist).

Best of luck!

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Congratulations!
At least you know what you ordered and can research how to house and care for it beforehand (well, sometimes sling sizes vary a bit from seller description). Usually not a big deal.

I got the mystery box once from Ken, and had to read each sling vial to know what I had received, open to see what size it was, and what kind of enclosure to prepare. Talk about rushing around in a flurry of quick prep! lol

Last edited:

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Exciting! Make sure you have everything ready.

I just got my first ones yesterday and I wasn’t properly prepared (I thought I was, but hadn’t got the right size enclosures and my substrate was still a bit too moist).

Best of luck!
So, you just bought your very first Tarantula and your already disagreeing with experienced members who have been doing this for decades?

ThatsUnpossible

Arachnosquire
OK, I had a look at my ratings - obviously a mis-click. Fat fingers. I’ve removed it. Apologies.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Nice choice and always good to research before purchasing a T, loads don’t. Australia has mad names for there Ts that’s a few I’ve seen that has numbers in it lol

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I felt I should add to my post about receiving the Ken's mystery sling box... my original post almost sounded negative.
I was SO EXCITED to receive unknown slings!!! If I've had a hundred exciting and truly wonderful days in my whole life (I'm old!) that day ranks among them!
Such a thrill! Thanks again Ken! :) The ones that didn't MM still give me great joy! The ones that MMd taught me more about the realities of T life. :anxious:

But for a newbie, I definitely agree with knowing beforehand what you've ordered, how to prepare, what to expect! Excited for OP! ;)

Bradley Dreaver

Arachnopeon
thank you guys for your support I have done my research on them and am as ready as i can be until the order comes in with the Sling, enclosure and the rest of the bits and bobs of stuff i got ready for it

Apollo93

Arachnopeon
I just got a Goliath bird eating tarantula female and re house to her now I can't stop her from climbing on the walls and ceiling she prefers to hang upside down from the lead and I checked her she's not stuck she's got plenty of water and she has eaten is that normal for them to do

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Knowing first hand how much research you've done with asking us boardd members questions, I'm sure you have all the knowledge you need to get things right first time ;)

Do you have any other species in mind for later? Wallace will take a few years to grow even a few centimetres so I'd definitely reccomend a Phlogius sp. in the future sometime

Bradley Dreaver

Arachnopeon
Knowing first hand how much research you've done with asking us boardd members questions, I'm sure you have all the knowledge you need to get things right first time ;)

Do you have any other species in mind for later? Wallace will take a few years to grow even a few centimetres so I'd definitely reccomend a Phlogius sp. in the future sometime
If I can find a site that sells some I will probably buy 1 in the future

ThatsUnpossible

Arachnosquire
I just got a Goliath bird eating tarantula female and re house to her now I can't stop her from climbing on the walls and ceiling she prefers to hang upside down from the lead and I checked her she's not stuck she's got plenty of water and she has eaten is that normal for them to do
I can’t advise, I’m a noob. But if you make your own thread and provide a photo of your enclosure set up, you’re much more likely to get help. :)

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
I can’t advise, I’m a noob. But if you make your own thread and provide a photo of your enclosure set up, you’re much more likely to get help. :)
The user has already posted about it don’t have a clue why they have posted it on you’re thread too lol

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
The word “ADDICTION” is not an overstatement! I’ve been in the hobby for about a year? and am (very happily) 15 spiders deep. There is no end in sight.