I Am Fascinated !

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i had been lying in the kritter room by my tarantula tank for 2 hours {D just to look at mt T (it only comes out at night when its dark ;P ) it walked around the entire tank (i am amazed by just looking at it walk :D ) when it found a spot with its web remains<a place where it used to hide long time ago with the web already dissolved to the substrate>and stand on it for about 5 minutes before it started digging up the old web replacing them with new webs.. i was so excited as i saw the whole process of building its third web hideout.. (did i mention mine was an obt?) i was surprised to see it went to the other end of the tank just to pull a piece of dried leaf all the way to where it had set its new web.i tried to take a picture of it but i think it somehow realised i was peeping so it stopped there.. like as if someone pressed the pause button. one think i am not sure is why did it wrap up a bag of substrate and the old web into a ball shape and hold it with it's fangs ? is that garbage to be thrown away or.. ??? :?

**ps ; at least i didnt stay up late in the kritter room for nothing~!! :} :D {D

misfitsfiend

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Alot of times spider webs are high in protien and after they replace the old one they consume it. ( i dont know if thats true for T's but it is for many spiders)

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
omg thats so cute.. why is my T wrapping up substrate with its web, pulls it up and stick them on to the web(web walls) ? it even press it to make sure it sticks on the web.. what is it trying to do ?

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very nice. My B.smithi is a regular house cleaner, rolling up the webbed surface of the substrate and carrying it to the garbage heap at the back of the tank. I remove her garbage for her when she has finished.

They are fascinating to watch.