Species Hysterocrates gigas

MUNG!!!

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those are awesome... but at the same time very fast and scary :D

MarknMiami

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Got a rare photo chance with one of my H. Gigas this afternoon..Gotten much bigger and looks in need of a molt...Enjoy!

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very nice:clap:

how big is it cos it looks quite chunky?

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah thats a Sweet lookin T ! but yeah its in need of a molt ,what colour are they after a fresh molt ? Keep us updated on a molt ......thanks for sharing ! :clap:

MarknMiami

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Crimsonpanther said:
Yeah thats a Sweet lookin T ! but yeah its in need of a molt ,what colour are they after a fresh molt ? Keep us updated on a molt ......thanks for sharing ! :clap:
She turns actually a blackish brown in color after a molt...Hard to describe..I have another one that is about the same size that molted 2 weeks ago but she didn't want to cooperate for a picture..Haha...I'll try to sneak a peek at her later today :)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thats an awesome spider. Mine has a ways to go before reaching that size.

MarknMiami

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
WhyTeDraGon said:
What is under her? Is that an eggsack?
No thats actually some webbing...These guys like to lay a thin layer of web around thier burrows to help hold it together...The way they web up thier burrows is pretty neat...If I find time today I'll take some photo's of the actual burrow and you can see it better for yourself.

ScorpionLuvr

Arachnopeon
Today i juss got my H. gigas sling and its pretty nice looking started burrowing when i first put him in his enclosure also done some light misting so here it is its not that good but it is in the soil where it burrowed......

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
fairly newly aquired H. gigas. i plant to make a small aquarium divider in the tank for it to see if it will fish

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have been thinking of doing that with mine once she complets her molt. i have an extra 45 gallon tank setting empty.
have you decided how to devide it yet. i keep running different ways through my head but cant really decide how i want it yet.
good luck, will be an interesting project.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Great new T! As soon as you get the project started make sure you get pics! Finally someone is going to continue it!