Hyperactive G. Pulchripes

h55d

Arachnosquire
Hello,

My G. Pulchripes that I've kept for more than 1 year has always been very happy with me, but it's been really active for the past month, always on the edges of the terra, like it's trying to find a way to escape... Few months ago it spent 2 months hidden without eating or moving and now it's like all it wants is getting out.

Is it because it's hungry? Should I feed it more? or is it a normal behaviour?

Thank you

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
We need you to post the picture of your T and its enclosure. It is difficult to guess without some photos

Table

Arachnosquire
Pictures are a must when dealing with Ts
It is possible you just have a MM, with pics we could def tell.

(Pics of the entire enclosure, and pics of the T :) )

h55d

Arachnosquire
Here is the photo of its enclosure. Dimensions are 20cm*30cm

IMG_20200903_203713.jpg

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Just my opinion but your T could use a bigger enclosure. Also the substrate should not be over soaked with water. Should be a little damp but not soggy.

Or I'm completely wrong and your T is just in wandering mode.

A happy T is one that sits and grooms itself at least with new world terestrials.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
That cage size is perfectly fine. Bigger than what some of my animals have at a similar size.

Add a good hide. It doesnt look like it has one currently. That may fix it. If not its still no cause for concern. 1599163057217689362923356960699.jpg

h55d

Arachnosquire
The substrate is super dry, I never moist it except around the water dish.

Originally there was a hide, it's the little round coconut piece at the bottom, but for its last molt it rearranged the whole thing and webbed on it. Now its hide is in the piece of wood and its entrance is the hole on its right on the first photo.

Last edited: