User Hydrazine's Spider Stooges

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One difference coming to mind is the fact that brocklehursti have more "bad hair day" hair, while geniculata have very straight, "combed" hair. Aside that, spermathecae (in case female) looks different. Got lucky with mine since it's a female so no doubt there ;)
Guess I have to wait till the little guy gets bigger :D

Finally got to buy crickets so I took a couple pics while feeding and refilling water dishes (in case of my G.pulchra sling, only refilling the waterdish, (s)he's fat enough :D )

Spiders vs cellphone cam #5 - A. geniculata, C.cyaneopubescens, G.pulchra

Ozzy before feeding/watering

Indy stuffing his face

Shiro in between attacking the water streams

Really taking his/her time to moult, can't wait till (s)he starts looking like a G.pulchra! :D

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Me and exotic expos...always bringing something home..

I wanted to resist, wanted to get just a terrarium, a glass cube, substrate, decorations..

...and then there were all those tarantulas, looking absolutely gorgeous, hell I almost bought a pokie, some Brachys, and more..

In the end, this one proved irresistible

Best shot I dared take, really didn't want to risk her darting out on me.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Me and exotic expos...always bringing something home..

I wanted to resist, wanted to get just a terrarium, a glass cube, substrate, decorations..

...and then there were all those tarantulas, looking absolutely gorgeous, hell I almost bought a pokie, some Brachys, and more..

In the end, this one proved irresistible

Best shot I dared take, really didn't want to risk her darting out on me.
YES! You finally got a P. irminia! Gorgoeus, rewarding, species to keep! Awesome! Always makes me smile when someone decided to get one eventually, can't help it, sorry :D I do simply adore these despite their temper and speed. One of the best tarantulas to keep in my opinion and so easy to take care off (except for the occasional "catch the irminia" times, hehe).

Namewise, I would suggest you take a look at this page: CLICK - think of her attributes, check different languages, pick one that you approve.

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I know that page and have been on it since early morning with no success.

So far, my irminia decided that she likes being terrestrial though.

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've also rehoused Indy the GBB and redone Taz the A.versi's enclosure yesterday. Too bad no picture of the latter came out well yet.

This morning, the crazy little builder started excavation works.

It's quite interesting how he hangs the dug up substrate on the webbing.

Aaaaand more irminia. Used zoom on this one, not a good combination on mobile phone.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You're lucky you see your irminia currently. I'm still waiting to see "Phaedra" re-emerge and out and about after her last molt...:D

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You're lucky you see your irminia currently. I'm still waiting to see "Phaedra" re-emerge and out and about after her last molt...:D
Yeah, she didn't settle in yet, perhaps I should have bought a different piece of "interior" with more distinct "cave".

She did poop all over the place already though.

Night Stalker

Just hangin' around.

And a terrible feeding photo. My cellphone had difficulties focusing, and it's all too bright.

Hey! human! Some privacy here!

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I finally got to rehousing my G.rosea RCF who needed a new enclosure badly, this 30x30x20 should be enough.

Coaxing into the catchbox was easier than I thought.

She was a bit scared.

Aaaaand we're home!

And this is my new laptop wallpaper.

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fresh batch of pics.

"Hey guys, do you think our human is upset at me because I ignored this cave in my rock and instead built this awesome web structure in the corner?"

"Did he tear down the web?"

"Yeah but if waf an affidenf, I faw if. Amb if waf onwy a wiffwe"

"Don't talk with your mouth full!"

*grumble grumble*

"Oh bleep. You woke HER up."

"Och fit."

"GOD DAMMIT, DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?"

Starring (in order of appearance):

0.0.1 C.cyaneopubescens "Indy" (looks male)
0.0.1 G.pulchra "Shiro"
0.0.1 A.geniculata "Ozzy"
0.1.0 (bought as such) P.irminia that still has no name.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You really have a hand for putting your pics now even in a series with a conversation between your arachnids! Awesome - nice one! Or in other words? "Can I haf more pleaf?"

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"Hey guys! Have you heard? We're FAMOUS!"

"Oh for BLEEP's sake! would you keep that noise down?"

"Why are you so grumpy, new girl?"

"Oh YOU're the one to talk, you've been complaining twice as bad before, filthy hypocrite."

"And the name is Morgana, dammit. What's the deal, anyway?"

"I'f cheard of if. Ouw chuman pofff ouw piff on inferwnef wif fapfionf anf.."

"DON'F CHALF WIF YOUW MOUF-oh."

"Yes. Now what our friend stuffing her face attempted to tell us was that our human has been posting our photographs on the Interweb with apparently witty captions, which became a hit amongst a few other humans who also keep our kin in captivity."

"TAZ?! Where have you been?"

"After I have shed my restraining exoskeleton to permit further growth, I have found the comfort of my elaborate web more than sufficient, with little to no incentive to journey outside. Furthermore, I am not fond of participating in your usuall pointless chatter. Also, I believe our human has received requests to furthermore indulge the other humans with more captioned photographs of our congregation."

"Well they can bite my shiny abdomen. I'm not gonna make a clown of myself for those humans."

"It's not that shiny, actually. You should consider moulting again."

Last edited:

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No captions today, instead, have a freshly molted G.pulchra, who took his/her sweet time, last molt was in January :D

Guesstimated DLS is 4-5 cm, leaning more towards 5.

Molt happened yesterday, no complications, it was fascinating to watch.

Successfully recovered the exuvium without disturbing the little bugger, tomorrow we'll see if I've got Shiro or Shiroko, unless the exuvium is too mangled.

The last pic was taken with my cellphone for comparison.

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks. I might have enough new material but I lack inspiration for now.

In the meantime, let's play Guess The Species.

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yup. My very leggy (cca 6cm DLS now) presumably male C.cyaneopubescens lost all his tan on the legs..okay, except setae :D after a recent molt. Gotta say I miss the baby coloration.

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gosh, I've let too many pictures to be accumulated. Again today, no captions but we'll be looking at the moulting galore that has occured in past few weeks. Let's do a recap.

Started by the end of October (which also marked a year since I've got my first tarantula) by C.cyaneopubescens by the name of Indy, presumed male.

Didn't take long before he regained appetite.

A few days later, Shiro the G.pulchra followed, see a few posts above.

This is a few days after, not fully hardened yet

Now having already started eating, got brownish undertones as exoskeleton hardened.

I suspected as much, but when Morgana the P.irminia joined the club, I was kind of surprised nevertheless.

Yesterday, I finally caught her in the open. She apparently feels very comfy in her underground lair. Sorry for the bad pic, the glass is smeared with fragments of her webbing.

And finally tonight, Ozzy the A.G. performed an well expected and predicted moult. When the resident trashcan to whom I throw crickets that the other slings refuse, refuses as well, you know (s)he's going to moult.

In preparations, I decided to unbury its buried-a-hundred-times-again-and-again water dish and was rewarded by a threatpose, as I had to steer it away from the area. Unbelievably cute..

"Foolish human! Withdraw now or be...well..mildly inconvenienced. Maybe."

This angle shows the dullness pretty clearly.

This evening, when I woke up from an afternoon nap, I saw Ozzy flipped over. I did expect it, however, I expected the little bugger to do the deed when I'm asleep or away, not allowing me to watch the process :D

Results:

I recovered the exuvium, refilled the waterdish, which Ozzy promptly used to have a drink

And then probably as a toilet (YET AGAIN!)

It even LOOKS like the only thing (s)he's missing is newspaper :D