hybrids

ORION_DV8

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Please dont flame me for this it is innocent, i just want to know. I have seen Angolan X Ball python hybrids for sale, but could one cross Red Blood X Ball Python?
ORION

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, I don't see why there would be problems with intergrading Angolans x Balls as both species have very similar DNA. I have heards of bloods and balls being hybridized. However, due to the species being very different, it would be quite difficult to achieve. Not only are the husbandry requirements completely different for each species, but it's very likely that any blood x ball hybrid offspring would not live very long.

Bry

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There are some blood ball crosses out there but not many.

Phil

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Considering the money Angolans comand, I'm surprised anyone would want to mess with crossing them.

Although I don't WANT to like them, that gtp/jcp cross is prett outrageous!

Wade

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That has always made me wonder why as well Wade. Angolan prices being what they are it seems like a tremendous waste indeed. Not to mention the rarity of them in the hobby.

Phil

ORION_DV8

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey guys,
Thanks for the info that GTP/JCP cross is pretty wicked i must say, as far as the Blood/Ball it was just a thought i had there was really nothing to it, i am interested in the morphs do you guys know if people will 50/50 a breeding when it comes to BP's i have a 100% het for albino male and want to breed him to a like female but cannot find one available for sale right now in my area.
ORION

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
funny this comes up, I was asking Kevin at NERD how long until he thought until someone was going to try crossing one of their piebald BP into a blood python line.

ORION_DV8

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:) hehehe i guess this is just evidentiary that great minds think alike
ORION