Huntsman breaks sac today

aznative86

Arachnosquire
After 40 solid days, she has finally emerged along with one baby and a bunch more from what I can see, any information on previous keepers / breeders of these spiders would be cool to read about :) Thanks! I will post more pictures tomorrow after the rest of the spiders have came out.
hunts.jpg

Greenjewls

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is that Olios fasciculatus? You have to feed the mother immediately or she will croak. If you save her she will lay another clutch when she's plumped up! The slings are big enough to eat small crickets so pretty easy rearing, and very fast growing. Have fun!

aznative86

Arachnosquire
Yea it is, I did put crickets as soon as I seen the bust in the side she ate and then went back in with her young. Pretty cool spider, good to know on small crickets I keep them regularly and put about 3 - 4 yesterday but they are still inside the sac atm, once I seen a couple come out I was thinking larger fruit flies would be a good source considering they cant escape and these tend to stick to the tops, ill give both a shot I am sure they are not picky lol

spider912

Arachnopeon
Congratulation!! I also try to breed them in captivity but sadly spiderlings died off after they were hatched . R u considering to sell them?!

Last edited:

aznative86

Arachnosquire
Thanks! these are one of my favorite true spiders, they get large, hang out towards the top and are very fast!. If you are interested I will sell some when they get a little bigger to ensure their safety, but I do have some others from my previous breed that are large, PM me for information.