humidity

Cheesy

Arachnopeon
if the humidity has peaked up to 90%, is that a bad thing? could it stay like this or do i need to make more ventilation? basically, can a spider live in 90% humidity?

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
I think the first thing some of the experts will ask you is: what kind of T, first of all?

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ts requiring higher humidity generally only need "damp" substrate. 90% relative humidity sounds downright swampy. Make sure there is enough ventilation, dry out the sub a bit, and mist accordingly (if they are slings; if they are adults, a large, shallow water dish will do).

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if the humidity has peaked up to 90%, is that a bad thing? could it stay like this or do i need to make more ventilation? basically, can a spider live in 90% humidity?
The "humidity" question has hashed, rehashed, and run ragged so many times already....

In the gray bar across the top of this page, use the search function to find all the references to humidity on this forum. There is a lot of reading to do, most of it is repetition. But, with a little intelligent, selective, speed reading you should be able to find the "good stuff." Put on another pot of coffee and clear your schedule; you have a lot of reading to do.

Best of luck and enjoy your newfound little buddies.