Humanely disposing of unused or unwanted feeders

Necromion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mealworms make excellent live bait for bluegill and the occasional bass. Very tough, can withstand nibbling bait-stealing fish.
being a fisherman i never contemplated this ever.... welp i just found another use for my mealy colony....

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
being a fisherman i never contemplated this ever.... welp i just found another use for my mealy colony....
Oh yea. Supers and giant mealies work better for bass and carp imo also people use silk worms calci worms horn worms (aka tobacco worms work great for catfish)

i personally like to make dough and blood baits. I throw minis in the freezer ever now and then for dough bait and in bloodbait i usually make 4 or 5 combos to bring(smaller batches ofcourse). But i throw large mealies in the blinder with the other ingredients and make a light blood bait (use more water to lock the flower instead if pure blood) it give it a different smell..

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

Acro

Aziz! Light!
Old Timer
Shoot, I'll take 'em. Let me know how much shipping is (I'm sending you a PM right now).
:D

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
A couple of hamsters will devour your mealworms.

If you have any ponds where they don't frown on feeding the local wildlife you could feed the fish or turtles.

shamilt1

Arachnopeon
I second the use of CO2 if you have a large amount or it is impractical to freeze. Have done so to get rid of mite issue in one of my gecko vivariums. However, will not kill eggs while freezing will. Had to read up on life cycle of mite and bomb two more times. Worked for me and left the plants alone. See link below.

http://clubfauna.com/articles/amphibians/how-to-remove-unwanted-tiny-insects-from-a-vivarium/

You can also use soap bubbles to check the CO2 level in the chamber. As the tank fills up w/CO2, it will displace the air. Soap bubbles are around same density as air and will “rest” on the CO2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr72CHwpdH4