How to- Rehouse slings you get from Ryan (Talkenlate04)...

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The communal is going freakin awesome. Like i have been eyeballing them like a hawk all night, they do awesome so far. They are webbing up and all are in there own little areas. They have bumped into each other and show absolutely no aggression. I have a good feeling about this, but want to pursue adding more. Just a few ;).

And about refridging specimens to calm them down, for adults for a couple minutes on a higher temperature fridge setting it works ok and i have never known it to cause any problems... HOWEVER you should NEVER do it with slings! NEVER! If you are that nervous about it, then just dont get them!

Cheers

Knocking them out with CO2 works well too. They wont move at all that way. {D

I got some Yamia watasei a couple years ago that were like lightening, and that was how I ended up unpacking them and getting them rehoused.

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The communal is going freakin awesome. Like i have been eyeballing them like a hawk all night, they do awesome so far. They are webbing up and all are in there own little areas. They have bumped into each other and show absolutely no aggression. I have a good feeling about this, but want to pursue adding more. Just a few ;).

And about refridging specimens to calm them down, for adults for a couple minutes on a higher temperature fridge setting it works ok and i have never known it to cause any problems... HOWEVER you should NEVER do it with slings! NEVER! If you are that nervous about it, then just dont get them!

Cheers
aww man you make me wanna do a communal... {D

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer

Cheers

I have fridged slings once, when trying to move 5 1cm P. regalis from a pot into their communal home. I tried for nearly an hour to catch them individually without letting any of the others escape but I couldn't manage it. In the end I put the pot in the fridge for about 15 seconds. They were VERY sluggish when I got them out. I would not recommend fridging slings unless you absolutely have to and be VERY careful because they cool down so fast.

Happily they were all back to normal within about another 30 seconds of room temp but it was a bit scary. I had no idea they would get that cold that quick.