How To Keep All Enclosures Humid

psta6140

Arachnopeon
Are they any ways to keep all enclosures humid without opening and spraying every one?

Also my Grammostola Sp "Conception" hasn't ate in about 6months since I've had it.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Are they any ways to keep all enclosures humid without opening and spraying every one?

Also my Grammostola Sp "Conception" hasn't ate in about 6months since I've had it.
A room humidifier?

As for the not eating I believe they fast like G.rosea do, aslong as its abdomen isn't shrivelled and it has access to water it will be fine.

Brian89

Arachnopeon
Try not to think about daily humidity requirements, think weekly instead. If the species is from an arid region spray once a week, and twice for tropical ones. If the T. is 1"+ you can use a soda bottle cap for its drinking water; make sure it's always available, it'll also boost humidity. Finally, you can use plastic wrap or masking tape to cut ventilation to 15%-20% if your enclosure has a mesh lid.

This is AB link is also helpful and definitely adheres to the KISS philosophy:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...et!!!-(READ-ME-before-asking-care-questions!)

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
If the T is mature and not a swamp dweller, completely forget about humidity requirements.

But to answer your question, Substrate container high percentage of vermiculite or a room humidifier.

tarantulaholic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I currently have a female 3.5" G. Pulchra, and she had not ate in over 6 months now, I cant even remember last time she ate. But she still looks healthy and still has plump abdomen. Some T's will go for months without eating, some species like the Grammostolas are notorious for dieting long periods of time.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Increase size of water dish and retard most of the ventilation. If you are living someplace very dry, you may also need to soak a bit of the sub.
Most importantly, make sure what you are using to measure the humidity is reliable (those dial types from the pet store are crap).
Also, make sure the fuss over humidity is warranted; only a handful of species require high humidity.

Tonys spiders

Arachnosquire
You could put a few enclosures inside of one larger one, like Some slings in vials could be put inside a 10 gallon.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
that was an OLD pic lol.. had to do some diggin to find that. the slings pictured were in the tank i also , at the same time, housed my L. parahybana (Lunchbox) .. sadly he matured and i was shocked. he was my 1st t and was sold as female.

Tonys spiders

Arachnosquire
Yes exactly!! Thats indeed one of the better ways to keep humidity for multiple tarantulas with minimal effort.