How often do you see your C. schioedtei?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I saw some pictures of this spider and it is very pretty...it reminds me of alot of the deep burrowing asians, but is supposed to be mostly arborial. I read the limited number of bite reports from it and from the couple there are, it seems as if they don't have particularly potent venom which is a plus.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi there,
This species is 100% arboreal.In captivity however they will do a bit of digging if you provide them with enough substrate.The best way to house adults is with a large corkbark tube filled about 1/4 way with substrate where they will construct a cosey little nest inside.
-Chris

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply. However, after doing alot of searching, it doesn't appear anyone in the US is selling these as s'lings.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
No problem..Oh to answer your first question to I see my adults out at night every evening.Otherwise they are quite secretive spiders.
I should be breeding some girls as soon as my males mature so hopefully we will see a lot more of these around!Veryyy underrated spiders!
-Chris

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No problem..Oh to answer your first question to I see my adults out at night every evening.Otherwise they are quite secretive spiders.
I should be breeding some girls as soon as my males mature so hopefully we will see a lot more of these around!Veryyy underrated spiders!
-Chris
I hope you wont be stingy with the males! lol;)

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My lady is out all the time, i would say she is out more then my other T's. She is also very defensive. Right when you touch the front of her lid she comes darting out with a threat pose.

Tang

Arachnopeon
If I got 1, I'll see it everyday... 0.o
Just ordered 1, maybe coming in nxt week...Hooray.....

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If I got 1, I'll see it everyday... 0.o
Just ordered 1, maybe coming in nxt week...Hooray.....
Judging by your listed location, you could probably just go outside and get one eh? :worship:

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hope you wont be stingy with the males! lol;)
What he said. I'd like to try and breed this sp. :p

I keep mine in a vertical 5 gallon with 1/2 a cork bark tube pushed against the back corner buried about 3" deep. They actually do excavate!

And, like most of my Ts, they'll come out when it's dark. Pretty cool to see them walking around the cage.

Tang

Arachnopeon
Judging by your listed location, you could probably just go outside and get one eh? :worship:
LOL.... not so easy to get one.its not near my place tho... said to be located somewhere in cameron highlands... authorities now been eying on those who try to WC also..its prohibited..