how much growth

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have a G. Pulchripes sling. id say its about 1/2 - 3/4 in. about how much growth could i expect from one molt. like say i was gone when it happend and it ate it or somthing, would i be able to most likly see a great size difference and know for sure it molted?

billy28

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The size probably would hardly change but, it would look totally different after its molt so you would be able to tell.

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i have a G. Pulchripes sling. id say its about 1/2 - 3/4 in. about how much growth could i expect from one molt. like say i was gone when it happend and it ate it or somthing, would i be able to most likly see a great size difference and know for sure it molted?
You should be able to see the exuvium, even if it's small. As well for small slings it can range from 1/8 to 1/4 in size gain. For example if you had a 1" T and it molted it would not be surprising for it to reach 1.25", sometimes significantly more. At .5 or .75" you probably won't notice a lot of gain. You should however see the exuvium.

varanus dwarfus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine just finished it's MM molt (not 30 minutes ago). I had it since it was a 3rd instar (guessing, could be as much as 4th). Mine grew by about 1/3 every molt all the way up through adulthood and took about 5 years. IIRC (I don't have it recorded), it went something like .75", 1", 1.3", 1.75", 2.25", 3", etc. The first 1.5 years had molts about once a month to once every 6 weeks, then they slowed substancially and the last two were both around a year apart (I think 9 months for one and 18 months for the other!). Not a fast growing species but one I really love.