• Total voters

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Note yet for me too. Although I think my demonic H minax is planning to. :evil:

dragon_95

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
got tagged by poecilotheria regalis and striata . also by obt and haplopelma lividum .

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
P. murinus. It didn't like me removing an exuvium from its webbing with forceps so it ran up them, tagged me, and ran back. lol. It's now my favorite spider--you have to love something bad enough to take on something 5,000 times its size.

--the nature boy

scolex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I only have been tagged once and that was by a wolf spider tring to hold it like I do with my T's. :rolleyes:

BrachyDude

Arachnopeon
Jumping spider, Wolf spider, some unknown centipede, and a whole buncha snakes and lizards.

Been slapped by some of my Ts, but thats about it.

I hope it stays this way...

Enjoi,
Alex

insekta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So far out of every "pet" I've had, the cat's the only one that successfully has gotten me (claws and teeth). I've seen several T's flick hairs but have never been bothered by it. And I find it ironic that I've had several species of Ts, a few native true spiders, and an African trapdoor, and my rosie's the only one that lunges for me.

thomas22

Arachnopeon
ive been tagged enough to no better by now but hey we are all short a few marbles. some more so than others.
L.mactans 1x
L.reclusa many times
P.audax
G.rosea on the big toe
C.vittatus 2-3x
Agkistrodon c.phaeogaster (copperhead) 7-8x
A.piscavorus (cottonmouth) 1x
Bothriechis shlegelli (eyelash viper) 1x
H.carolinensis 3-4x
and probly many more that have slipped my mind.

Jeff Godbold

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been bit by snakes (carpets, gtps, ect.), bit by a monkey in Brazil, little kids, and some local spiders from my area...but no "T"'s yet.

Jeff

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've been tagged by T's:

1. H. gigas - long story, but basically i decided to handle my H gigas like an idiot... and the cat scared it, ran up on my arm, and bit me. spider was about 2.5"-3", if i recall properly

2. Selenocosmia arndsti - i was trying to get a piece of dead cricket out of the deli cup, the little arndsti didn't like what i was doing so it ran out of the webbing and got me good. spider was about 1"-1.5". even for such a little bugger, it still had a nasty 'tude.

3. rcf g rosea - handling one of my rcf roseas. it just stopped, squated a little bit, and decided to see what i tasted like lol. nah, i don't know what was going through it's mind, one second it was fine, the next second it was squated down had it's fangs halway into the middle knuckle region of my right hand. you guys know how spastic roseas can be... fine one minute, then BAM, crazier than hell.

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
been tagged by a few of my non-venomous snakes but have avoided being tagged by any T's, venomous snakes, and scorpions that I've owned, being careful is an art that can be developed. Did have a wild scorpion tag me but that was a different circumstance lol.
Rev

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
been tagged by a few of my non-venomous snakes but have avoided being tagged by any T's, venomous snakes, and scorpions that I've owned, being careful is an art that can be developed. Did have a wild scorpion tag me but that was a different circumstance lol.
Rev
To a degree, I think it depends on the capacity:) I worked venomous for years and have a clean bite history and pride my self with following a strict safety protocol. However my friend has a venom lab and has gotten tagged extracting venom on several occasions including by elapids=black mamba. So my point is, if you put your self in harms way long enough and step up the potential danger ratio, the law of averages will get you sooner.....or later.:D