How many collect one species or one genus ?

AF Exotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Imho it varies specie to specie . With Schroederi they are reluctant to kick hairs . The red leg species are more prone from what I've experienced .

boina

Lady of the mites
In general I like variety, but there are some genera I've more of than others...

When I started I wanted a complete set of Brachys, but I've given up on that. First of all, there are too many similar species and then they became too 'pet rock' for me once I had more experience. I still love my B. schroederi, though ;). Now I like Psalmos and have most of them, but I don't want a complete set. I'm probably not going to get emeraldus because it looks very much like cambridgei. @Arachnophoric do you have langenbucheri yet? They are still on my whishlist.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
@Arachnophoric do you have langenbucheri yet? They are still on my whishlist.
Yes, I actually just managed to get two unsexed slings last month! :)

Edit - @boina Just thought I'd add in that part of my desire to get P. emeraldus is because of its similar appearance - with how little I can find on the species, I'm curious to see in what ways it'll differ from my cambrigdei.

Or at least, that's what I'm telling myself to try and validate my OCD on having them all. :rofl:

Last edited:

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
I have all different species, but 1/3 of my collection is pokies. While for a time I thought that that was the only genus I was going to continue with, that all went out the window when I started to get interested in Psalmopoeus, then Cyriopagopus, and well who knows what next.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I’ve got about a dozen Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. It was easy to collect that genus!

The other large representation in my collection is Poecs. I have 7 species of poecs and always open to more!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I collect all things arboreal. Specifically Poecilotheria and Avicularia. But I love Psalmopoeninae too. Sitting at 10 Poecilotheria species and 6 Avicularia. If you count the new genera that is. (Caribena and Ybyrapora)

AF Exotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ahh,I remember the Brachy set mind massage. Also known as the Pokemon theory,gotta have them all. There were a lot of similarities in the red rumps and red legs. Their behaviors also paralleled each other too.

This is probably why I find Schroederi interesting
They are more active and they go through quite a transformation when they become sexually mature.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I collect a variety, but I find myself drawn to Homoeomma, Euathlus, Harpactira, Brachypelma, Phormictopus, Aphonopelma, and I think I will be on a Pamphobeteus craze.

I am currently raising several Brachys:

B. schroederi (1)
B. hamorii (1)
B. emilia (2)
B. albopilosum (4)

Killertut

Arachnosquire
all the brachys :D (edit: i know that i don't own all species yet)

Brachypelma albiceps 0.0.1
Brachypelma albopilosum honduras 0.1.1
Brachypelma albopilosum nicaragua 0.0.1
Brachypelma angustum 0.1.0
Brachypelma boehmei 0.0.1
Brachypelma emilia 0.0.1
Brachypelma hamorii 0.1.1
Brachypelma kahlenbergi 0.1.0
Brachypelma klaasi 0.0.1
Brachypelma sabulosum 0.1.0
Brachypelma vagans 0.1.1
Brachypelma verdezi 0.0.1

Brachypelma auratum 0.0.1 and Brachypelma schroederi 0.0.1 on their way :)

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I wanted to start an Acanthoscurria collection, but then I wanted a Phormictopus collection, but then I couldn't find any Phormics I could afford, so I'm currently working on Heteropoda. That'll probably change back to Phormictopus eventually though.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I wanted to start an Acanthoscurria collection, but then I wanted a Phormictopus collection, but then I couldn't find any Phormics I could afford, so I'm currently working on Heteropoda. That'll probably change back to Phormictopus eventually though.
I don't have any Heteropoda yet, how many are there in that genus of huntsman?? and how many do you have? Love to see some pictures if possible. Because i'm a fan of huntsman, but I don't really see any Heteropoda for sale around my area sadly..

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
how many are there in that genus of huntsman
The genus isn't too big, definitely small enough to be able to keep all the species.

how many do you have
I only have one right now, but I'm waiting on a few slings to get large enough for shipping and then I'll be up to 5 or 6, of 2 species.

I have some pictures of my female H. davidbowie on my PC at home, I'll post them later. In the meantime you can scroll through my media page, there's one or two pictures there.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just about 50% of my collection are in three Pterinochilus species (murinus, chordatus, lugardi) and one of those is a female on a sac so the percentage is going to greatly increase soon lol another 15% of my collection, roughly, is made up of other baboon species (mostly Ceratogyrus). I love having a variety of spiders, but my heart is definitely with the Pterinochilus.