How long to wait to feed slings upon arrival??

zm378205

Arachnopeon
I just received 4 slings. 1" A. Avic .5" H Mac 1" P. Irminia and 1.5" G Aureostriata. I think I have read on here that you should wait a couple days to feed the Ts upon arrival. I was just wondering if this is the same for slings. I am going out of town until Sunday so they probably wont be able to get fed again until Monday. So the question is can they go three days after arriving or should I try to feed them now?

Thanks!!!!

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have had mine feed as soon as they were in there new setups. I say give it a try!

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have had mine feed as soon as they were in there new setups. I say give it a try!
Agreed, I always feed ASAP. No need to put it off unless the T is obviously stressed or injured.

PIG-

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I usually feed them right away like these guys said. If a T is looking absolutely traumatized from the travel and rehousing I may hold off but generally right away. It seems to help them settle in a little more quickly.

zm378205

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone, I just went and got them small crickets to feed them. They all ate like they were starving. I have another quick question as well. I don't have access to pinhead crickets just "small" crickets. I think one maybe able to eat these guys whole but the other ones I jsut cut off a leg or cut the "small" crickets and half and fed them that. I was just wondering if this was an ok method to use?

Thanks

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks everyone, I just went and got them small crickets to feed them. They all ate like they were starving. I have another quick question as well. I don't have access to pinhead crickets just "small" crickets. I think one maybe able to eat these guys whole but the other ones I jsut cut off a leg or cut the "small" crickets and half and fed them that. I was just wondering if this was an ok method to use?

Thanks
Before I bred my own feeders, I would get the smallest crickets possible, crush their heads, then throw the entire thing in the slings cage. I'd go through the following day and remove the excess so that scavenging mites or fungus didn't become a problem.

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Your slings might be able to take them depending on their size compared to the cricket's.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You'd be surprised what a hungry T will take down. Get the smallest crix you can or try meal worms. If either are too large, cut the meal worms in half or pull the legs off of larger crix. Both work well for me.

PIG-

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've fed the first slings I got maybe 30 minutes after I opened them. They didn't seem stressed or weak. They nailed crickets slightly larger than them and one took a freshly molted adult!

I am waiting on some pinheads though for my avics. They are very tiny.

nickn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've fed the first slings I got maybe 30 minutes after I opened them. They didn't seem stressed or weak. They nailed crickets slightly larger than them and one took a freshly molted adult!

I am waiting on some pinheads though for my avics. They are very tiny.

Yeah I got my baby avics from the same place as you, so far no luck getting them to eat on anything. Cant get pinhead crickets local so this stinks.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What did shipping cost ya? 1/4" seems pretty small, or did you get the 1 week old ones.
Usually get the 2 or 3 week old ones. Might get the 2 weeks, my avics are pretty small but less than 1/4 seems too small. I don't remember the shipping and I've been trying to find that info for you and get a total + shipping without buying another load of crix by accident. Ghann's crickets has 1 week and other very small crix but again, having trouble finding the shipping..? :?

Also a thread for any supply needs here..

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=32609

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would try right away, but they would be fine if they dont eat it then, just remove any food before you leave. I fed my pulchra sling (last sunday) right when i got it home and it took it.