how long do pink toes live

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That really depends on the sex of the Avic in all honesty....Males,a few years maybe?6-9 months after the ultimate molt? Females up to 12? Sound close to the rest of you guys?These are just figures I found with a quick search.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have heard of Female Avics

Living 7 - 10 YEARS! Especially Versi & Puruvian varieties.

Then conversely, MM's living 6+ months after, and 18-36 months before maturity :( One of my fav family of T :)

- Jason

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
4 - 8 years (sex depending) according to the Tarantula's Keepers Guide. A really good book.

B-fish

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Males i'd say anywhere from 4-6 years depending on how much you feed it and so. Females much longer, some have lived for 30 years but average around 20 years.

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Males i'd say anywhere from 4-6 years depending on how much you feed it and so. Females much longer, some have lived for 30 years but average around 20 years.
20-30 years for a female Avicularia?? I think you're confusing this with a Brachypelma.

I had a female A. avic live 8 years in my care, and she was 2.5" when I got her (I don't know how old she was then). 10 years old, maybe?

B-fish

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
18 years is pretty close to 20 lol. I didn't say 20-30 but some have lived 30 years its not unlikely

Xian

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
18 years is pretty close to 20 lol. I didn't say 20-30 but some have lived 30 years its not unlikely
18 years is pretty close to 20, but nobody said 18 years. A 10 year old Avic is an Old Avic.:)

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The person said their Avic was maybe 10 when it passed away not 18. You also did infer a 20-30 year lifespan by giving 30 as a max and 20 as an average. That's what they got from your completely false statement anyways. Your thinking Grammostolas and Brachypelmas. That or your simply making things up.

B-fish

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The person said their Avic was maybe 10 when it passed away not 18. You also did infer a 20-30 year lifespan by giving 30 as a max and 20 as an average. That's what they got from your completely false statement anyways. Your thinking Grammostolas and Brachypelmas. That or your simply making things up.

No, she said she had it for 8 years, and she estimated it to be 10 years old when she got it, but my mistake.

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A good source

Here's a site that's a good source of at-your-fingertips basic information on a lot of the T species.

http://www.scottstarantulas.com/tarantulas1.htm

Lifespans, general humidity/heating requirements, sizes, and touchie, not reccomended touchie, and touchie baaaaad! :p
Listed by scientific name, complete with male/female pics for comparison/ID and comman name listed. Good stuff.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No, she said she had it for 8 years, and she estimated it to be 10 years old when she got it, but my mistake.
Do you have a problem with reading comprehension or what? How in the world would a 2 1/2 in. Avic be 10 yrs. old? She was estimating that the T was 2 when she got it and that it lived another 8. I don't know how you don't see this. Please, stop spouting information that is incorrect on this website. It doesn't help anyone and it doesn't look good on you at all.

pwilson5

Arachnoknight
Do you have a problem with reading comprehension or what? How in the world would a 2 1/2 in. Avic be 10 yrs. old? She was estimating that the T was 2 when she got it and that it lived another 8. I don't know how you don't see this. Please, stop spouting information that is incorrect on this website. It doesn't help anyone and it doesn't look good on you at all.
actually the way she has it worded makes it look like she had it for 8 years.. and estimated it to be 10 when she got it... thus 18 years... but i agree that 18 years seems a bit long for a pinktoe

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
actually the way she has it worded makes it look like she had it for 8 years.. and estimated it to be 10 when she got it... thus 18 years... but i agree that 18 years seems a bit long for a pinktoe
Again, this is where reading comprehension comes into play. She doesn't make it perfectly clear. I agree. It would be best if she would clarify it. What I gather from what she said is that she thought the T was 2 when she got it and that it lived 10 years.

The problem is that this other guy is putting false "facts" on here about Avics living an average of 20 years and saying that some can live to 30. The OP asked a question and he's giving her wrong information.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had no problem understanding what she meant, she had it for 8 years, and she's assuming it was 10 years old when it died, since she bought it at 2 1/2 and not as a sling, she's estimating it took 2 years for the Avic to get that size. I would have estimated younger sinces Avics are fairly fast growers, but that doesn't mean her sentance didn't make perfect sense.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I had no problem understanding what she meant, she had it for 8 years, and she's assuming it was 10 years old when it died, since she bought it at 2 1/2 and not as a sling, she's estimating it took 2 years for the Avic to get that size. I would have estimated younger sinces Avics are fairly fast growers, but that doesn't mean her sentance didn't make perfect sense.
I knew I wasn't the only one who understood what she meant.