How does handling a tarantula "STRESSES IT OUT"?

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
back to the point before i got sidetracked
hmm...
wonder what clams do when their stressed?:?

wait can a t get stressed?
or is stress an emotion only people can get

so many possibilities

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
back to the point before i got sidetracked
hmm...
wonder what clams do when their stressed?:?

wait can a t get stressed?
or is stress an emotion only people can get

so many possibilities
people tend to understand the word stress equated to a T freaking out. Its different imo if you say the T feels betrayed and hurt because you replaced its hide with a different one perhaps.

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
interesting

ive run out of things to suggest
so ill slowly wal...type away:cool:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
because it hangs out over its water dish that means its stressed?
I should think that means it's thirsty. :)
Not always the case. Humidity and or ventilation in some species plays an important role. So if a humidity dependant species is hovering over the water dish all the time when it is normally snug under its hide or in its burrow that can signal physical stress because the tank conditions are not what they need to survive.

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not always the case. Humidity and or ventilation in some species plays an important role. So if a humidity dependant species is hovering over the water dish all the time when it is normally snug under its hide or in its burrow that can signal physical stress because the tank conditions are not what they need to survive.
What about a dry species like G. rosea? Mine is always huddled up in the corner made by her water dish and the glass or moving around her tank, and you know me, I know how to take care of my spiders. Nothing is wrong with her enclosure-soft, dry substrate, a hide, and a water dish.