How do you feed mealworms to a T?

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Depends on size of the T. For slings you can cut them into pieces. I usually remove the heads, just in case. For larger T's I use a tongs and just dangle them in front of the T until it grabs it. Di

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I drop it directly in front of the t and lurk with tongs prepared to grab it if it tries to dig. That means of course that the T must be hungry and ready to eat. I tried cutting off their heads but they don't move around very much after that so there's nothing to trigger the predatory instincts.

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I only feed meal worms to my best eaters. once i droped one in my L. parahybana tank and she missed, the little bugger dug right in. well about a week later, i walk in the t room and hear a crunching, look in her tank and sure enough she got an afternoon snack:D
but now i just feed to those who will take it from my tongs so i don;t have to worry.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Kill the mealworms first. Use them as fertilizer to grow vegetables in the garden. Then you feed those veggies to your roaches and feed the roaches to the t's.

Simple!

Kevmaster06

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well the Ts in question are about 4 inches, 5.5 inches, and roughly 4.5 inches

Kevmaster06

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah, thats what i was thinking about doing. But should i put it near her borrow/dugout sarea? Last time i preposed this idea it was shot down extremely quickly.:wall:

ctsoth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would suggest putting the meal worms and the T in separate hands, and slowly bring them together until your hands touch.

jblayza

Arachnopeon
i'd just put the dish in the corner and gently guide my T towards it with my finger from behind as if i were guiding her onto my hand.