How bout them X. Immanis'!!!

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I just got a package today with my new X. Immanis, So far I am satisfied with its color as of now, its definately a species that is very much eye catching... And its in premolt, isnt that wonderful.. I give like 2 days max, and it will be very pretty, and we will know if it is a he or a she... Yippie, either way I may add the X. Immanis to the list of species for me to try and breed. who know's.... well enough of my babbling here are those pics I took of it.

OK, the first 2 are just basic pics
The 3rd is the new new home, it was already in one but I didnt like it so I switched.
and the forth well I dont know, tell me what you see.:D

View attachment 70663

View attachment 70664

View attachment 70665

View attachment 70666

Last edited:

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful. Definate pre-molt, like you said. I would say 1-3 days. When my smithi reached that color, it was 2 days out from molting.

I am a bit concerned the dealer shipped a T so close to molting. I know someone who recently lost a T when it molted, due to injuries sustained when shipped.

Best wishes from my 8-legged crew to your new kid on a safe and successful molt.

jukahman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well well well...Thats what im talking about...nice immanis...one of the T's in my wish list...lucky you...:) :)

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well I just witness my second or third roll over ever... and not 24hrs after getting it.. I'm exicted! Molts are few and far between in this household... I'll post some aftershots just as soon as I can.

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok the molt was a cool 4in... I took a couple pics... I suck at this up close stuff... you guys and gals wont get to see the detail I see... I did do a small bit of homework for sexing these guys... I cant say 100% but I do think I see something there when I look at it real close... but I dont know what you'll be able to see from the picture. in the picture it looks male... I dont know. its still flipped over, but here are the sex me pics.

View attachment 70690

View attachment 70691

Last edited:

Milamber

Arachnopeon
This is one those Ts I hope to have someday when I'm more comfortable with them.

Beautiful guy you have there. I love the last picture where he's peeking out from under the hide... so cute. hehe

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it looks male from those pics

try to take a pic or 2 like this
put the molt on a flashlight...turn off flash on camera

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
With the flashlight, the molt clearly shows female!! No mistaking those knobbed horns. Congrats!! Did you buy her as unknown??

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Can't tell much from your pics but they can be hard to see on these.

This is my girl at 6" dls next to a pin, small but fairly obvious...

This is when she was at about 3" with the same pin, not always so obvious...

Bill

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where are the postmolt pics of the T???!!! I bet it looks awesome! Please, don't keep us waiting any longer!

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Where are the postmolt pics of the T???!!! I bet it looks awesome! Please, don't keep us waiting any longer!
He has been very slow coming out of this molt, it was almost like he couldnt hold himself up for a few hours, it did however early this morning make a couple of turns... However its been in the same position for about 12hrs. It is very leggy individual thats for sure. I dont want to disturb him so I will wait until he comes out... sorry, I just dont think this was a happy molt for him.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh, ok, well I will look forward to seeing it.

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice T. Very exciting. mine just molted about three weeks ago but she's only about 3-31/4". It's cool when they raise all the way up when they eat, it's like their on stilts. Anyway, congrats on the successful molt!

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's a beaut!! ( gotta get yourself out of that male pronoun usage. ;) )

That raised booty sure speaks of an unhappy girl.