How aggressive is this thai tiger tarantula i purchased....

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Most tarantulas are only aggressive if disturbed or threatened , give it a hide it will feel safe. Can you get me a better pic of cage?? Looks a little too wet.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Which is why I think the more feisty Ts are misunderstood
Definitely, even the "docile" tarantulas can panic and think their life is in danger. Which is why I hate when people start threads like "My G.Rosea just tried to attack me!!!", it's a wild animal, they're not smart enough to know we're not a predator. We don't know what their triggers are.

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
Definitely, even the "docile" tarantulas can panic and think their life is in danger. Which is why I hate when people start threads like "My G.Rosea just tried to attack me!!!", it's a wild animal, they're not smart enough to know we're not a predator. We don't know what their triggers are.
Exactly they run on instinct theoretically. We don't understand their cognitive abilities and instead of recognizing it people project their emotions, which IMO is dangerous

---------- Post added 06-17-2015 at 04:00 PM ----------

Though I do have an oddball rosea. She isn't defensive, just very unconventional lol
She was my only tag, though it was all my fault

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
Nothing annoys me more than people saying that their tarantula "loves" to be handled. :mad: :mad:
They fear for their life! That's when Crazy tagged me as I tried to get her down from the corner to fix the lid.

BTW username is AHS reference or coincidence?

cold blood

Staff member
Most tarantulas are only aggressive if disturbed or threatened , give it a hide it will feel safe. Can you get me a better pic of cage?? Looks a little too wet.
Haplos aren't most tarantulas.

I agree, it looks way too wet.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Nothing annoys me more than people saying that their tarantula "loves" to be handled. :mad: :mad:
That same person, prob will be asking why they got bitten too , or haired LOL . I hate it when drop and kill ts while handling or kill them as movie props that really is messed up!!!!::mad:

Hellemose

Arachnopeon
Heres how i house some of my Haplo's and Liphistius

vonwirth_enclosure.jpg
vonwirth_enclosure2.jpg
vonwirth_enclosure3.jpg
vonwirth_enclosure4.jpg

and the lady inhabiting the burrow ;)

vonwirthi2.jpg

She is a beast btw, not in the sense of size but in attitude ;)

Last edited: