Hottentotta jayakari maturity

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For anyone who has kept H. jayakari before, at what instar does this scorpion molt into the adult stage for males and females?

I have my 5th instars in desert setups with reptile sand, cork board slabs for hides, and mesh lids for plenty of ventilation. I feed them small crickets once or twice a week and lightly mist once a week. Currently, I have them kept between 85 F/29 C and 87 F/30 C.

If any of you are experienced in keeping them, please share your care conditions and/or tips and suggestions with this wonderful species. :)

Edit: Pictures

5th instar male

Last edited:

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i heard hottentotta sp get matured at 7th(female) and 6th(male).
lucky you!

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Great scorpions. I'm very jealous. How many did you get?

John

Goon_CH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi

Congratulations to these beautiful scorpions.

Hottentotta jayakari is adult in 7.Instar. Males and females.

The magic word in the attitude of these species is heat. I think my case about 35 degrees Celsius during the day and at night at room temperature. If sufficient heat, it may be that they stay the molting or suspend indefinitely.
Also I give my animals no (zero) water. You can cover it from the feed their animals Feuchtigskeitsbedarf. If one studies the climate diagram of the natural habitat can be seen that there is practically no rain.

PS: a little larger container for the animals would not be bad ;-)

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Beautiful looking scorpion you have there!!! :clap::clap::clap:
I'm looking into getting some species from the Hottentotta genus one day, just can't decide on which one yet.