Hoping she will make it (doubtful)- roommate's friend made my T's fight.

jondee84

Arachnopeon
Doh. I keep forgetting that arachnoboards is a place to gloat and show off grammar skills.

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Actually, they had to move my OBT's tank to get to the LP. I guess they didn't try it with him because he's smaller and looked pretty harmless. To be honest I'm glad they didn't, because you know they would have flung him away and I'd be bombing the house because I have dogs and a baby in the house.

The way I see it, going to jail for assault and battery won't make me feel better about my T dying. Not worth it.

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Doh. I keep forgetting that arachnoboards is a place to gloat and show off grammar skills.
It's not a matter of gloating or showing off. It is a matter of using the language correctly so as to minimize misunderstanding, to make communication with those members for whom English is not their first language easier (and simply put, English is challenging enough for foreign speakers to learn without throwing misspelled words at them to try to translate), and to not come across as uneducated. For those for whom English is a second language or have a severe disability, misspellings and poor usage is one thing. For those who should be able to use the language properly and could make use of handy features like spell check to at least bring their attention to words that may be incorrect, there is no excuse.

ElevenBravo

Arachnopeon
people know not to touch my T's... I have an arsenal of guns. :)
I also have enough knives for 10 normal people if they have 5 to 7 knives each.

I hope everything works out for the OP I for one would cry if someone killed my G. pulchripes I raised from a sling then I would have to resist the urge to bring the pain.

Cat, dog or tarantula it does not matter for me it would be the anger that someone disrespected my things that way.

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Speedy, I just wanted to throw jim777 a thanks. He is helping with the shipping costs so you should be getting your new LP overnight. I will ship out tomorrow due to the holiday today and you will have the LP that you picked out hopefully Wednesday! Enjoy.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I just wanted to help out a fellow member/hobbyist that lost a prized tarantula. Thanks to jim777 and the other members that wanted to help also!

Rodie

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Poor spider... I don't care how many tarantulas someone has, gives them names or what. That was very disrespectful and he shouldn't be surprised at all for getting kicked out. What they do in their own home is their business but this guest stepped over the line in someone else's house and should've just kept his hands off.

I'm very sorry this happened to you. I doubt you'll get compensation but there is a woman about to serve time for animal cruelty - stabbing her boyfriend's bearded lizard. So who knows..

Vilurum

Arachnosquire
wow, id go as far to say 2 wrongs make a right here, that person deserves a smack and should be reported for animal cruelty.

angrychair

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i read the OP, and most of the first page. What a D bag. I hate people like that, or anyone who wants to harm any creature for any reason what so ever other than self defense or survival. Hunting is questionable as a sport for me. Hell I don't even like fishing very much any more, and I catch and release. All I can think of is how I would feel if someone offered me a steak only to hook me through the lip and reel me in. I'm a really laid back and calm person, but I would have gone berserk.

Roaddog your the man.

I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sure it was gut wrenching.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is one of those posts you were talking about in your TWH thread; you're going to look back at it and say, "I was so DUMB back then!"

LOL Don't take everything I post Too literally. But eh thanks for the remark .
I really would have to be in the moment to know what I would do (feelings, reactions, mood etc . ..).