Honduras Curly Or Nicaragua Curly?

XxTarantulaQueenxX

Arachnopeon
I was Thinking about getting a curly hair for a while but I am not sure which one between the Honduras Curly Hair Or Nicaragua Curly? Could someone explain the diffrences which would be better for what reasons and that sort of thing Thanks too anyone who helps!
Also let me know which one you like more... And why

Tigger

Arachnopeon
Nicaraguan is considered the "true" T Albo whereas the Honduran is thought to be highly hybridized. Whether that means crossbred with the Nicaraguan form or another species entirely has never really been made clear. They are both very cheap and when you consider the Nicaraguan is also more attractive (subjective, I know) I think they are the only way to go.

They are hardy and generally very docile. But even as 1 inch slings I have seen some crazy takedowns when feeding. They have also not been as slow-growing as I had been led to believe. There is a reason they consistantly rank at number 1 of top beginner species lists. Pull the trigger. You will not be disappointed.

Okay thank you but could u give me more info into that species?
Hi
Classic terrestrial setup depending on size(hide,waterdish not too shallow substrate as they may like to burrow)
I keep 1/3 of the substrate moist on the juvenile and adults by overflowing the waterdish.Slings I keep on slightly moist substrate
Regards Konstantin

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was Thinking about getting a curly hair for a while but I am not sure which one between the Honduras Curly Hair Or Nicaragua Curly? Could someone explain the diffrences which would be better for what reasons and that sort of thing Thanks too anyone who helps!
Also let me know which one you like more... And why
One is not better than other. You keep them the same

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Own both and I prefer my Honduran to my Nicaraguan tbh, better growth rate and calmer.

SAF Honduran
View media item 60915
Juvie female Nicaraguan

Nicaraguan is considered the "true" T Albo whereas the Honduran is thought to be highly hybridized. Whether that means crossbred with the Nicaraguan form or another species entirely has never really been made clear.
The general consensus (in the UK at least) is that Nicaraguan is the "True Form" and every Honduran albo in the hobby is a vagans hybrid (lol). Also, any albo that can't be traced back to a Nicaraguan import is apparently "Hobby Form" by default so "Hobby Form" now consists of Honduran forms, Nicaraguan forms that can't be traced back to import, and any hybrids of either form that might actually be knocking about, so much for trying to put a stop to hybridisation :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
I’ve raised a lot of slings and I love my little albo. It was a freebie so I have no clue where it’s from. Pretty interested to see just how fuzzy it gets.

XxTarantulaQueenxX

Arachnopeon
Nicaraguan is considered the "true" T Albo whereas the Honduran is thought to be highly hybridized. Whether that means crossbred with the Nicaraguan form or another species entirely has never really been made clear. They are both very cheap and when you consider the Nicaraguan is also more attractive (subjective, I know) I think they are the only way to go.

They are hardy and generally very docile. But even as 1 inch slings I have seen some crazy takedowns when feeding. They have also not been as slow-growing as I had been led to believe. There is a reason they consistantly rank at number 1 of top beginner species lists. Pull the trigger. You will not be disappointed.
Ok thanks I also Like that one just a bit more cuz they are more curly and attractive I think I just might go for it

One is not better than other. You keep them the same
Ik that but I can only get one at the moment and I wanted to see what others prefer so I could get an idea which would be best for me.

Get both and see which one you like better!
LOl I would but I can only get one right so Kind of leaning towards Nicaragua curly

Own both and I prefer my Honduran to my Nicaraguan tbh, better growth rate and calmer.

SAF Honduran
View media item 60915
Juvie female Nicaraguan

The general consensus (in the UK at least) is that Nicaraguan is the "True Form" and every Honduran albo in the hobby is a vagans hybrid (lol). Also, any albo that can't be traced back to a Nicaraguan import is apparently "Hobby Form" by default so "Hobby Form" now consists of Honduran forms, Nicaraguan forms that can't be traced back to import, and any hybrids of either form that might actually be knocking about, so much for trying to put a stop to hybridisation :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Oh okie well both look very cool NICE Ts

I’ve raised a lot of slings and I love my little albo. It was a freebie so I have no clue where it’s from. Pretty interested to see just how fuzzy it gets.
Oh :rofl: Well thanks for the info

Hi
Classic terrestrial setup depending on size(hide,waterdish not too shallow substrate as they may like to burrow)
I keep 1/3 of the substrate moist on the juvenile and adults by overflowing the waterdish.Slings I keep on slightly moist substrate
Regards Konstantin
Thanks

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
Although I understand this whole mess with hybrids of Honduran variation, I have to say that at some point, these honduran ones were wc, meaning those individuals had a pure lineage. If someone wc them again, these individuals will also be pure so, I disagree with all hondurans being hobby form, but again, I understand the situation.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member

SAF Honduran
View media item 60915
Juvie female Nicaraguan

Both of these look like Honduran curly hairs to me since they both have gold hairs. What criteria are you using to determine your Nicaraguan as such?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Both of these look like Honduran curly hairs to me since they both have gold hairs. What criteria are you using to determine your Nicaraguan as such?
She was purchased as Nicaraguan/"True Form" sling in July of 2017, she's not much over 2" atm (the growth rate on this one is heinously slow compared to the Honduran I purchased in June 2016) but still a lot fluffier than my Honduran female was at a similar size (pictured below at 2.5" and then after her next moult).

Edit: Until the Nicaraguan actually fluffs out and gets some proper adult colouration then I can't really say for sure that it is but it doesn't look the same to me.

14257652_1401432406536861_1452925521751609144_o.jpg

Last edited: