hommoemma sp

JustSomeDude

Arachnopeon
Hey guys I recently picked up a juvenile hommoemma sp ! Very exited I might say it is a beautiful spider and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience keeping this species before? If so I would love to hear about it and perhaps some pictures if you have! Thanks again guys I really appreciate it!

JustSomeDude

Arachnopeon
thanks tell me about it! I cant find a care sheet anywhere. I was able to come across a video on youtube. Beautiful spider great eater too!

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have an immature male and a sub adult female, she is about 4.5" inches. I keep my immature male and female dry, but as you know when any species when they are babies, juvies or that require humidity should be kept in humidity climate. As for their temperament I find them skittish. I also find this species hardy. Here is a photo of my female today not the best photo but it will do for now. The color for this this species is a navy blue at least that's the best I can base their coloration as.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They're pretty hardy indeed. I have a 6" MM here and a 5" female which are both doing fine, except that my female isn't yet ready to breed sadly. Anyways, they do well with conditions more on the dry side, although I do keep mine approx. 40/60 moist/dry with a generously sized waterdish. Joyce has a female that is seemingly semi-arboreal while mine usually tend to stay on the ground. Like José said they're quite skittish and at least my female doesn't hesitate to bite. That said, she's moody. Mostly she'll skitter away, but often enough she'll immediately turn around and throw a threatposture slapping. Max size for the Peru II is reportedly around 6" and theres another species looking nearly exactly the same, except for differences in the spermathecae - Thrixopelma lagunas.

JustSomeDude

Arachnopeon
Untitled.jpg thanks guys craziest thing mine was up on the glass and was actually salivating from her fangs?! here I have a pic