holy grail of tarantulas?

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As said before, the answer will differ. IMO I think that a T Blondi is and will always be the ultimate T. It's all about size. :)
My Ultimate, Must Have T is an M Balfouri. I just LOVE the Blue.
I would also love to try out the 'Chicken Spider' setup. Just have to get a big enough enclosure going. I would love to see R West doing a doc on these.
check out the BTS as they have been some what documented in the wild living in a colony...some great wild pics

wayne

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow. Amazing little girl. She's got so much blue she could be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader! LOL.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMO, it's one of these:

Poecilotheria metallica
Xenesthis intermedia

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have all of the pricey ones, except for M balfouri, E olivacea, P subfusca and perhaps one or two I forgot about. P metallica and Xenesthis ... mine
Singapore blue... mine
T apophysis...mine!!! (I really wanted one badly)

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well.. I love all my T's but my "holy grail" would be a P metallica & M balfouri

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For me it's

Encyocratella olivacea

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/GoTerps/de1466a7.jpg

just fantastic
LOL. I had seen a pic in the gallery for that one... I really, really want one, but mostly because the name reminds me of a youn lady that I consider to be a "daughter of my heart" - Olivia. It would be kewl to have a T with something close to her name. I know that isn't what it means, but hey, it would remind me of her every time I saw it!

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm going to resurect an old thread here as I have a Holy Grail now.

The huge H.sp'Gigas' that I saw at the Kempton show.........was tempted to buy........then didn't.........and will always wish I did. I wonder where it is now.......

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm going to resurect an old thread here as I have a Holy Grail now.

The huge H.sp'Gigas' that I saw at the Kempton show.........was tempted to buy........then didn't.........and will always wish I did. I wonder where it is now.......
Don't you HATE it when you do that??? I certainly do. It bugs me for weeks -- sometimes months -- afterwards. I really HATE that feeling. LOL.

I certainly do sympathize! :D

CFNSmok.PL

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
what do u guys consider to be like the rarest and most highly prized of the tarantulas that people are just dying to have?
I wrote down all the rare T,s mentioned in the thread:
- Aqacephaulus junodi
- Chilobrachys blue
- Chilobrachys bicolor
- Cyriop. sp. black
- Cyriop. sp. dromeus
- Monocentropus balfouri
- Po. smithi
- Stromatopelma satanas
- Trigmopeus blue

I would like to add:

- X. monsterosa and
- "chicken spider"

From all the above it seems like St. satanas would be the rarest and what goes with it possibly most prized.
I am a fan of all Cyriopagapus sp.

Smok.

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't you HATE it when you do that??? I certainly do. It bugs me for weeks -- sometimes months -- afterwards. I really HATE that feeling. LOL.

I certainly do sympathize! :D
Yes, and I know what will happen......

In Febuary, at the BTS show, my first hurried vist will be to the same dealer JUST in case its still there lol ( I wish ).

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, and I know what will happen......

In Febuary, at the BTS show, my first hurried vist will be to the same dealer JUST in case its still there lol ( I wish ).
LOL. Oh, yes... been there, done that!!!

But have you ever been "stabbed in the back" because of the "obsession"? Say that spider is still there and you DO buy it. Then you turn around go down a few tables with your treasure, look and find either the same spider at a wholly better price or a MORE BEAUTIFUL/RARE spider for at least the same deal.

Oh, yes... been there, done that too! LOL.

I hate that feeling as well. Its like the spider gods are taunting us. {D

Hope you don't experience that one.... :(

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL. Oh, yes... been there, done that!!!

But have you ever been "stabbed in the back" because of the "obsession"? Say that spider is still there and you DO buy it. Then you turn around go down a few tables with your treasure, look and find either the same spider at a wholly better price or a MORE BEAUTIFUL/RARE spider for at least the same deal.

Oh, yes... been there, done that too! LOL.

I hate that feeling as well. Its like the spider gods are taunting us. {D

Hope you don't experience that one.... :(
No I haven't had that one yet, I tend to look at everything before I buy. But when I go back the risk is someone else has bought it lol. But that Gigas :( , I didn't buy it because I have 3 slings here and at the time I was wondering why have another.......... damn.... I should have bought it, they are one of my favourites. A true Holy Grail...... totally unobtainable now.

Hilikus311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
. . . And it rose from the dead!

So has anything much changed from here? Sorry if i woke the unmentionable dead?

I wrote down all the rare T,s mentioned in the thread:
- Aqacephaulus junodi
- Chilobrachys blue
- Chilobrachys bicolor
- Cyriop. sp. black
- Cyriop. sp. dromeus
- Monocentropus balfouri
- Po. smithi
- Stromatopelma satanas
- Trigmopeus blue

I would like to add:

- X. monsterosa and
- "chicken spider"

From all the above it seems like St. satanas would be the rarest and what goes with it possibly most prized.
I am a fan of all Cyriopagapus sp.

Smok.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Holy Grail is the tarantula that got me into the hobby in the first place:

Grammostola rosea