Holy crap!

T Enthusiast

Arachnopeon
So, I've been wondering why Franzie(2" female G. pulchripes) hasn't been eating. She took down the cricket I gave her the night after she arrived, but hasn't offered at anything since then. I know i've also asked about her settling in her enclosure the past week or so.

Well, this is what I awoke too this morning!

Little girl put in some work last night! Her water dish that was about 1/2-3/4 full last night is bone dry, and inside her hide is a steep little entrance way down to a deep crevace in her substrate.

This both intrigues and worries me at the same time. Right now shes up against the giant mass of substrate blocking her entrance, and has been since she stopped digging this morning. Is she alright? I know she knows what she's doing but I just hope she has enough air.

Secondly, is this a sign she's getting ready to molt?

Sorry if I'm over reacting, but I wasn't expecting to see that when I woke up. :D

So should I be worried or excited? Or neither.

Attachments

T Enthusiast

Arachnopeon
Well that answers my question. Sorry, I'm new. I've never experienced waking up to find that much activity in the middle of the night.

T Enthusiast

Arachnopeon
When I joined in 2009, it was to do research for a class. This is my first T. I'm sure when I have a few more years of experience keeping them under my belt, I won't be so excitable when things like this happen, but for the mean time, I'm just simply asking if she's going to be ok breathing. Because I don't know.

cnapple

Arachnoknight
Refusal of food + blocking off the hide may well suggest an approaching molt. Either way though, there's no need to worry. She knows what she's doing and she'll eat / emerge when she's ready. Just keep the water dish full.

Pookie Bear

Arachnopeon
My B.albopilosum did the same on the first night I got him - almost identical layout of his home. Nearly five weeks now and I have not seen him eat anything, ever! He has dug right down to the wall of his enclosure so I can keep an eye on him, and he seems fine in his little chamber :)

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
i think she will be fine... She could be in pre molt too... Maybe she will just show up with a new set of skin and colors...:D

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
going in for a molt, it'll be fine . patience young padawan that's why you get 20 T's !!{D