Hogna Lenta White Wolf Sexing and Age Estimation

fubuki89

Arachnopeon
Could anybody help me figure out what the sex of this spider is and a general idea of age? Just curious if it's sexually mature or just a juvenile still.
I got a "white wolf" hogna lenta and according to the information from the listing it is wild caught, 1 to 1.5", and there was no information concerning the sex of it. This is the first wolf spider I've ever kept (not extremely versed in any kind of spiders, just started keeping jumpers about a month ago) so I'm not entirely sure how large a juvenile or adult should be, though my understanding is the leg span of adult females can get up to 3 to 4", and adult males are around the 2 to 3" mark, though I'm not entirely certain whether that's true of this species, or if it only applies to hogna carolinensis. It seems like the leg span is close to that 1.5" mark, and the total body size from front of chelicerae to rear of abdomen is roughly 17mm.

I've attached a shot of the underside when it was standing up against the glass to show what I believe could be the epigynum, and two more pictures to clearly show the body and the pedipalps. At time of pictures, it hasn't eaten for about a week (planning on feeding again today or tomorrow. My understanding is that they're similar to jumpers and should be fed once a week). Any help that anyone could provide would be very much appreciated!

underside.png 53678.jpg 35683.jpg

Theraphosphor

Arachnosquire
Based on abdomen size, and the fact that the ends of the pedipalps don't seem pointy, I'd say female. Not well-versed enough to tell you based on the underside, and I wouldn't know how to estimate age.

fubuki89

Arachnopeon
Based on abdomen size, and the fact that the ends of the pedipalps don't seem pointy, I'd say female. Not well-versed enough to tell you based on the underside, and I wouldn't know how to estimate age.
Thanks for looking and for the answer! I'm glad to hear you think its a female since they're supposed to get a big bigger and live a few more years than the males.
As far as the age goes I'm not really hoping for anything precise, but I'm just not sure how one would determine whether a wolf spider is a juvenile or a sexually mature female.
I'm assuming the best (and maybe only) way to go about it would be just to base it off of the size and the shape of the pedipalps but if anyone is knowledgeable about wolf spiders I'd definitely be interested to hear if there are any other ways.

jbooth

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Pedipalps are curled under, but looks male in pic 2.. could just be the angle, if there's a bulge it's male. I'm not very good at ventral sexing these, or molts for that matter they always rip.

Occisor

Arachnopeon
I think it could be a female. You can see what looks to be a epyginum in the first photo.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I think it could be a female. You can see what looks to be a epyginum in the first photo.
I also think to see what you see. If so, your spider should be older than 15 month... This all is just a "maybe"...