Hmmmm, would you call me crazy???

Twisted

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So just over a month ago I was caring for a friend's T's while they were out of town. Shortly after I purchased my first two, a B. smithi and A. pupurea. So yeah, I'm just about a month old in the hobby. Well, may have gotten in deep pretty fast but I'm lovin them. Here is what my collection has grown into in the last month starting with nothing.

1x B. smithi
1x A. purpurea
1x A. metallica
2x A. versicolor
3x P. murinus
1x GBB
3x H. incei
1x H. gigas
1x A. minatrix
1x P. pederseni
1x P. regalis
1x L. parahybana
3x P. cambridgei
1x U. mordax scorpion

And a small colony of dubia to keep them all fed. They are all in custom drilled container store containers. I need to finish some things up and then will have a small photo session of the collection.

Randomhero148

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If that makes you crazy then all the people are crazy on this site. Congrats on your collection, be carefull you might end up being homeless with a really large collection of tarantulas. I had a hard time controlling myself too when purchasing these T's, I was comming short on rent, I didn't know when to stop buying them. Now I have plenty! See you on the boards!

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know the feeling :) It's tempting to go crazy with buying T's and other inverts, especially when you're just starting.

There are still many that I want, but I just hold myself back.................. for now....................

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It should be ex. 0.1.2 Grammostola pulchra not 3x Grammostola pulchra :)

1.2.3= 1 male, 2 females, 3 slings/unsexed

spiderfield

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
1x B. smithi
1x A. purpurea
1x A. metallica
2x A. versicolor
3x P. murinus
1x GBB
3x H. incei
1x H. gigas
1x A. minatrix
1x P. pederseni
1x P. regalis
1x L. parahybana
3x P. cambridgei
1x U. mordax scorpion
That's all you have?? You ARE crazy! :}

Nokturnal1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's not too bad. We spent almost 4 grand on Ts in a 45 day span. (won't be doing that again soon) Good luck with what you have I don't want to read a bite report with your name on it.

Agent Jones

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, I hate you :( Green with envy right now. My collection has grown very, very slowly.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So just over a month ago I was caring for a friend's T's while they were out of town. Shortly after I purchased my first two, a B. smithi and A. pupurea. So yeah, I'm just about a month old in the hobby. Well, may have gotten in deep pretty fast but I'm lovin them. Here is what my collection has grown into in the last month starting with nothing.

1x B. smithi
1x A. purpurea
1x A. metallica
2x A. versicolor
3x P. murinus
1x GBB
3x H. incei
1x H. gigas
1x A. minatrix
1x P. pederseni
1x P. regalis
1x L. parahybana
3x P. cambridgei
1x U. mordax scorpion

And a small colony of dubia to keep them all fed. They are all in custom drilled container store containers. I need to finish some things up and then will have a small photo session of the collection.
Pfffff, lightweight.;P

Lucky Eddie

Arachnopeon
Good Man. I know how you feel!

My collection has gone from zero to 32 since April.

Its not because I didn't want spiders before, but because I split from my Missus, which opened the window of opportunity.

What started it? Well, apart from the beauty, the webbing, the feeding behaviour..............the fact that they are so cheap to keep! £7 a fortnight on food. Its a damn sight cheaper then keeping a pet cat and I have 32 different beauties to look at and interact with.

Keep going!!!!!!! Its gotta be the best livestock hobby I have ever had!

mandipants

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I went from 0 to 14 in a couple months. Not to mention all my true spiders. Your not crazy. In fact you fit in quite well here. Congrats! They are tons of fun, and insanly addictive. Time to start up those "TA" meetings I suppose.

mandipants

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Yess!!! I've been wondering what the #.#.# thing was, but I hadn't gotten around to asking.

mandipants

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I blame everyone on this thread. You are all enablers!!!!! Now I have to go buy some more T's....(like it's a bad thing:D )

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

THANK YOU! I've been wondering what those numbers meant but I was too embarressed to ask. LOL! :eek:

Nice starter collection. I wish I could even get that big.

CUebbing

Arachnopeon
I'd recommend taking it a bit slower. Some people decided after a couple months that they're bored with their T's and then get rid of them.

Twisted

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Eh, I won't get bored with them. That is why they are all slings, I want to watch them grow.