Hisser getting dangerously skinny, lethargic

Fredericusrex

Arachnosquire
My hisser has been huddled under his hide, not eating for the past few days and seemingly just laying under his hide. He does move his antennae at times, but when I picked him up he seemed really weak and shaky and he's getting so skinny. I'm worried he'll die of starvation. Should I force feed him?

I have been putting him on the heat mat since the past few days have been a bit chilly but he still won't eat. I think it may be from the stress from being handled a few days prior. The stress might be disrupting his feeding habits. Just, what should I do? I'm so worried. I might even have to put him down...

Last edited:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sounds like he's getting old. When they get older and closer to the end they won't eat as much and won't move very much either. Keep providing food and he'll eat if he wants to. Water is more important at this point, so make sure to mist or provide foods with plenty of water content (carrots, maybe a little bit of apple, etc.)

Fredericusrex

Arachnosquire
Sounds like he's getting old. When they get older and closer to the end they won't eat as much and won't move very much either. Keep providing food and he'll eat if he wants to. Water is more important at this point, so make sure to mist or provide foods with plenty of water content (carrots, maybe a little bit of apple, etc.)
Sure!