hide ideas needed .

zxneon

Arachnosquire
i`m using plastic pot halfs as hides for all tarantulas. For non burrowers it if fine, but for burrowers looks bad .
Ts are digging out from sides and hide sometimes almost fall inside burrows . That looks really bad .
How to use cork bark tube halfs as hides ? Do i need to dig them in at angle ? please share some pictures of your bark hides.

Attachments

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
yes , yes i know how to use google and stuff .... but i was asking for real-life examples from real tarantula keepers.
First half of the pictures are actually results from Arachnoboards. From real keepers with real tarantula. ;)

grammastolla54

Arachnopeon
yes , yes i know how to use google and stuff .... but i was asking for real-life examples from real tarantula keepers.
i take log/plastic pots and i use a glue gun to glue in the hides to the sides of the bottom of enclosures and use the soil to burry it in. that ushually gives them a great start! and up high of course for arboreals:)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
Try coconut shells as hides with the doorway cut in. You can get them at Amazon. My scorp loves her's.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Whats' wrong with what your T is doing in that pic? They know better than us how to be a T.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Whats' wrong with what your T is doing in that pic? They know better than us how to be a T.
It "looks bad". I just don't know how to break it to this poor soul that tarantulas don't give a hoot about their keeper's aesthetic preferences.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
The perfect hide, totally unoriginal but tarantulas don't care about that either.

Scorplings5.jpg

For a borrowing species, put it over the starter burrow. This happens to be an old picture of my scorpion and surprise scorplings but it'll work for almost any invert.

It's very hard to go wrong with that.