Hidden Tarantula Treasure: Your biggest score!

Ace Conan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thought I would start a thread about the best treasure you have ever turned up pertaining to tarantulas... {D

Any cool stories out there? Ever turned over a rock looking for inverts and found a nugget of gold? Ordered a T. Blondi sling but was sent a 10 inch female? Decided to purchase a tarantula from a pet store and ended up meeting your man/woman of your dreams there?

I expect some good ones... {D

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i totally ordered a tarantula that was listed as 1" and when I got it, it was 1.1"

i was so furious that I took the box and flipped it off the table. i then proceeded to stomp on the contents out of anger!

Ace Conan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A completely reasonable and rational reaction. I'd have done the same thing. Afterall, is it really that difficult to measure a sling?

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey, i figured "it's either the box or my wife that I have to stomp."

she got lucky that day.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bough a tiny colorless Brachy Yucatan sling, expecting something quite drab, and it's stunning.

My Lampropelma violaceopes (ex-Cyriopagopus) turned out to be female.

My GBB is a jewel.

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Got a 4 inch sub adult female C. shiodtei for only $40 from the local expo! That is just above sling price.

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lets see i bought a male g.pulchra that was actually a female lol and if any of you know about prices of these thats a VERY good thing lol. :D

chex mix

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Saw a posting "FS M. balfouri" 3 minutes after it was posted. Got the payment sent 2 minutes later.

3" M. balfouri for an unbeatable price.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I found an adult female G. pulchra for 40 dollars at a local Mom and Pop pet store.

M.C. Exotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Umm... A. metallica listed as "pink toe" for 25... female... Still waiting for someone stupid to sell me a B. albiceps as a "red rump" ;) someday maybe....

deez8legz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Found a juvie male H. lividum for $30 at a petland. They also had a A. versicolor for $30 they thought it too was a cobalt. they freaked when I got it out of the cage. I told them what it was, went back a week later, they have it labeled as a C. cyanopubesens. MORONS!

Morkelsker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Found a juvie male H. lividum for $30 at a petland. They also had a A. versicolor for $30 they thought it too was a cobalt. they freaked when I got it out of the cage. I told them what it was, went back a week later, they have it labeled as a C. cyanopubesens. MORONS!
I knew a girl who worked in a petland. In her training, they told her that the T's they have are venom free :rolleyes:

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A adult female B. smithi for $40 bucks off craigslist.

Trav

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Whats the unbeatable price if you don't mind me asking?

Saw a posting "FS M. balfouri" 3 minutes after it was posted. Got the payment sent 2 minutes later.

3" M. balfouri for an unbeatable price.

petshopguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am more of an exotic insect guy. I keep roaches, mantids, breeder insects, etc. About a year ago, I got 5 free OBT slings from someone here on AB (just had to pay the $6 shipping). Two hundred slings later, I am a full-fledged T owner now too. I owe it all to one generous member here on AB.