Hi all. Check out this online Moult Tracking website I've created please!

yoshi

Arachnopeon
Hi all. Over the last few weeks I've put together an online database that people can use to keep track of their spiders moult patterns. It allows users to create an account, add their tarantulas and then add moult records for each tarantula. The moult records can then be studied, exported as html (to paste on your site) and are displayed as a graph to quickly chart a tarantula's growth progress (as well as giving an 'estimated size' of the next moult..although this still needs refining).

The system is very easy to use:
1. Create an account
2. Click 'add new spider'
3. Click 'add moult'
3a. Select the spider who moulted
3b. enter moult data
4.browse/edit your records
5. repeat!

The whole site is and will always be totally free (the one ad on the top is there by default of the webhost). It was put together as I progressed through a course (and will continually be added to if the demand/suggestions are there), so I just hope it can be of use to people!

I'd really appreciate any feedback/suggestions (post on the 'add comments section/here, please).

Link: http://www26.brinkster.com/hatchery/index.asp

PS-I did origonally plan for my brother, aka 'Deifiler' on here, to post a link but he's fond of the line 'I'll do it tommorow' so I finally decided to do it myself. Sorry if it counts as spamming - ie just setting up an account to post a link but I genuinly feel that some of you will be able to make good use of it! Thanks!

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, that's by my twin brother, who helped to make bits of my website...

"Why procrastinate, when you can do it later" springs to mind...

Did any of you guys check it out by the way? I figured it'd be very useful for things such as viewing the moult recods of other people's spiders, to get ideas on possible gender determination or other attritbutes that can be related to the moulting... Also it's a nice way to archive data that can be used, in cases such as deciding if your spider is worthing mating, or if the risk of 'moulting out' is too great at the current stage of intermoult.

Any feedback would be welcome anyway... Sorry I didn't promote it myself.

avmaviator

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

I checked it out, registered, and entered my moults ;)
Its a very cool site. Thanks for making it.

Arno