Hey just want to make sure my diy enclosure is good for a C. Versicolor

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Hey i'm getting my 2nd T and i'm very excited! It's a bigger sling (1.18inch/3cm) and i've read up on the care from other threads but i just wanted to make sure that this enclosure is going to be good for a spider that size. My main concerns are:
1. Is this enough ventilation for an ex avic?
2. Are the holes small enough for it? - don't want it to squeeze through, hide somewhere and die.
(Clipper lighter for scale)
20181014_204951.jpg 20181014_205014.jpg 20181014_205019.jpg

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Looks good, a sling of that size will outgrow that enclosure very quickly though.
Gotcha, i will rehouse her as soon as she grows out just a bit for sure and thank you for the input.
This is my first sling and it's an avic so i'm stressing out a bit but i'm sure she'll be fine as long as i keep her vented and water the net a bit/keep the water dish full.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Personally would recommend adding some sort of foliage/plastic plants to the top of the wood, or you versi will ignore the wood entirely and probably web up the upper rim of the enclosure if not right against the lid.

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Personally would recommend adding some sort of foliage/plastic plants to the top of the wood, or you versi will ignore the wood entirely and probably web up the upper rim of the enclosure if not right against the lid.
Yeah that would be hell for maintenance, thank you for this tip i'll definitely look into adding a plant next to the wood :D

weez

Arachnopeon
C5CDB69B-4B18-4E99-A95B-FBF99F49ED7C.jpeg 3054475F-5481-4BDE-93DF-4FAE18B9F736.jpeg I’m a newbie keeper, but I figure there’s no harm in sharing my thoughts. I got my C. versi just over a year ago and it’s now roughly the size of what your new sling will be. I keep mine in a medium Tupperware with cross-ventilation holes on the sides. Your ventilation holes look good in my eyes. I also use wood and no foliage! I saw the round top on yours and was immediately reminded of my spider when it was smaller...it made an odd little tent web at the top of the wood, it was the cutest thing ever. I’ll attach a picture. Looking back, the enclosure was way larger than it needed to be. It seems to be a good size for it now, though. It eats up crickets like crazy. :D I’ll share a recent picture, too. I’m excited to hear how your new sling is doing if you’ve gotten it by now!