Heteroscodra Maculata Enclosure, Lets see yours!

Coiled Colt

Arachnopeon
Have just come into ownership of a very small heteroscodra maculata, and am already planning her (hopefully a her) big encloure. Was described as a MUCH bigger one than she actually is.

Firstly how quick do these guys grow? (Ive read they are amazingly fast growers, and also that they are painfully slow. so no idea)

And secondly what do your guys and girls set ups look like?
After enclosures pretty much from sling to adult, if you have any details of things like moisture/substrate used ect.... that would be great and helpful too.

(Have moved her from this one into something different, as she only had a dusting of sub at the bottom and some moss when I collected her)
2018-05-06 14.27.53.jpg

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I keep mine in a kritter keeper (with some plastic sheets hot glued to the top to reduce ventilation a bit). She has a cork bark hide and some coco fiber for substrate. She has covered everything in a thick layer of web. I kept her somewhat moist while growing up, but now that she’s an adult it’s mostly dry, with some overflowing of the water dish. She burrowed a lot while sling/juvie, so she always had lots of substrate. She didn’t grow fast, I’d say medium. I’ve had her a bit over three years and she’s 4.5” now.
5182506E-35DF-40C9-A2F7-49B4879414DE.jpeg

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
As slings, I kept mine in inverted 40 oz. peanut butter containers, with slightly moist soil. Fed 2-3 times weekly, room temp near 80°, plus/minus 2°, took slightly longer than 2 years to adult size.
Now housed in 8"X8"X14" enclosures for the last 2 years. #1 is usually out and about for easy viewing, #2 is more reclusive. Both female and sac mates.

Attachments