Heterometrus yaleensis from Sri Lanka

THR

Arachnosquire
This species is published in August. One month later, my friend went to Sri Lanka for Heterometrus swammerdami, but all the species he found was identified to be Heterometrus gravimanus and H. serratus. So I recommend him to go to the site where the scientists found the H. yaleensis, and he did find quite a lot in the end.
I bought one female, two males and one junvenile. I told him to give me the largest female, smallest male and average male, so I can figure out the size of this species.
However, the average died on the way. The rest specimens are now kept communally. The two adults have mated twice. My aim is to find out the presence of the sexual dimorphism occurs in which stage of its growth. It has been proved that the PTC can not be applied to this species 'cause there is a huge overlap in both sex. And I've updated the range of the PTC which is 12~16. But the adults has obvious difference in the shape of the genital operculum and the pectines.
For more information, if you can understand or willing to translate the Chinese, you can follow me on this website: https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv3737451
The original description of this species can be found on Euscorpius.
QQ截图20191030043732.png

Last edited:

THR

Arachnosquire
I used the screenshot on the photos, and now it can be uploaded.

Attachments

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Awesome! A very cool species indeed.

Do you know if there were any legal issues with exporting them? Or is the Sri Lankan government pretty chill on the collection of scorpions?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

THR

Arachnosquire
Awesome! A very cool species indeed.

Do you know if there were any legal issues with exporting them? Or is the Sri Lankan government pretty chill on the collection of scorpions?

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Yes, and for that reason, my friend had to return earlier than the schedule and gave up the Janalychas srilankensis.