Heterometrus spinifer 1male 1female??

deradlerskartal

Arachnopeon
cannibalism

I want to learn; Can I encounter cannibalism or another violence behaviors ? When I must be careful them for prevent that?

deradlerskartal

Arachnopeon
enough tank volume and a peaceful tank conditions for a couple of spinifer

Thanks mom... for precious answers...
Lastly,
I will use a tank that dimensions are : 65cm (~25.6") x 38cm(~14.96") x Hegiht: 28cm(~11.02")= ~70 liter ( 18.5 G) tank. I can supply enough foods and hatches. Are that conditions enough for a peaceful tank or not? I can abstract them with natural barriers for a while and open the barriers bit by bit. What can I do?

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
That sounds fine to me. I don't think you will need barriers, in fact I would discourage it, but just monitor them and they should be fine.:)

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks mom... for precious answers...
Lastly,
I will use a tank that dimensions are : 65cm (~25.6") x 38cm(~14.96") x Hegiht: 28cm(~11.02")= ~70 liter ( 18.5 G) tank. I can supply enough foods and hatches. Are that conditions enough for a peaceful tank or not? I can abstract them with natural barriers for a while and open the barriers bit by bit. What can I do?
that tank size will be fine, it might even be a little too big for only two, I have kept a breeding pair in a 5 gal and a 10 gal tank and they were fine. I find that if you offer a large enough hide they will usualy both hide in it, the other hides will rarely be used. Other than food, keep the humidty high with temps around 75F and always provide a clean water dish and they should do fine.

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That tank is quite big, a 10 gal being enough for a pair.

Just keep them well fed as another person said, and when they mate you can let them be, but once you start noticing her plumping up, you will want to separate the male because I wouldn't leave a male in a tank when a female scorpion has babies.

The reason being is female scorpions get highly highly aggressive and if the male comes too close it may end up badly, or when they molt to 2i and begin to crawl off the moms back, the male scorpion might cause issues. Stress will cause the mother to eat the young, I've seen it happen many times.

Though stress isn't the only cause of it, it's definitely one of the main factors most of the time.

deradlerskartal

Arachnopeon
thanks

Thanks for all answers...
I am elaborating the tank with bated breath. The couple will come in 1 week. I will add pix at arachnoboards.

llamastick

Arachnoknight
Yeah, definitely separate them when the female is heavily gravid. Even communal species get highly territorial and aggressive when they're about to pop.