Help

tarantula_tom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tonight before bed I spotted a good sized spider moving across the floor. With, say, from the tip of leg 1 to the tip of 4 around 2-3 inches. I tried taking a pic so I could get more help with this, but my cam sucks so it will be another day or two before I can try with a better camera.
The more I looked online to try to identify the guy/girl, it looks like a crazy color variation of a Brown Recluse. It has the "violin pattern", not sure about the eyes, but does resemble alot of the pics I've been looking at, and is covered with fine hair. The only difference being the V pattern is slightly lighter, not darker, than the area around the "pointing of the violin" but it is darker than the light brown/tan color that dominates its body, and its striped/spotted-like all over legs and abdomen with dark brown. But it has spines on its legs. :confused: So what else could it be? I hope to find out its harmless cause its still alive and if its safe I'll just let it loose outside.

Trace

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Doesn't sound like a brown recluse, they are much smaller. I would think some species of wolf spider, I know they are common in TN and harmless.

critterz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sounds like a wolf spider. Recluses are not spotted, and bear not noticable spines. Nor do they attain that size.